News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

today, i hate:

Started by VA $l!m, May 16, 2005, 06:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcr3

Quote from: birdman on November 09, 2021, 12:19:23 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on November 09, 2021, 11:26:09 AM
QuoteAh man, just gotta chalk that up to typical city life. Dodging vagrant's trash cans is no easy feat.

That happened to me with an old Corolla someone side swiped it parked on the street.
I looked on google and you can find the part pretty quick I bet, mine was like 30-40$ for the whole mirror. I brought it to a shop with the new part and they just charged me a hour of labor to put it on. Best of luck.
I just checked. Mine would be $25 to buy a new one. There was no electronics involved so I think I should be able to install it myself with the help of my carpenter buddy, who has all the tools and know how.

Thanks for the suggestion, Erik!
if you can get the trim piece off there are usually three Phillips head screws mounting the mirror. It takes five minutes at best

Yeah, I did this twice for my old Saturn.  I think I was able to get the mirrors for like $15 each on ebay, but that was probably 15 years ago.  And if I can do the repair, I'm sure you can.  8)
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

anthrax

Quote2nd week of at home learning for my kids and I am starting to lose my mind trying to juggle that with my actual job. The worst part of the whole scenario is that this learning was initiated to protect kids during the height of the pandemic but now the provincial gov't is using it to force the union's hand in the midst of a strike here.
I told my wife I want to drop my 2 kids off at the premier's house and see how he handles working and educating a couple of young children.

That's some shady biz right there.  Playing with the education of the future of our world is a dangerous game that won't end well for anyone.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: anthrax on November 09, 2021, 12:55:05 PM
Quote2nd week of at home learning for my kids and I am starting to lose my mind trying to juggle that with my actual job. The worst part of the whole scenario is that this learning was initiated to protect kids during the height of the pandemic but now the provincial gov't is using it to force the union's hand in the midst of a strike here.
I told my wife I want to drop my 2 kids off at the premier's house and see how he handles working and educating a couple of young children.

That's some shady biz right there.  Playing with the education of the future of our world is a dangerous game that won't end well for anyone.

It sure has given me an added appreciation for everything teachers do.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

QuoteAh man, just gotta chalk that up to typical city life. Dodging vagrant's trash cans is no easy feat.

That happened to me with an old Corolla someone side swiped it parked on the street.
I looked on google and you can find the part pretty quick I bet, mine was like 30-40$ for the whole mirror. I brought it to a shop with the new part and they just charged me a hour of labor to put it on. Best of luck.
I just checked. Mine would be $25 to buy a new one. There was no electronics involved so I think I should be able to install it myself with the help of my carpenter buddy, who has all the tools and know how.

Thanks for the suggestion, Erik!
if you can get the trim piece off there are usually three Phillips head screws mounting the mirror. It takes five minutes at best

Yeah, I did this twice for my old Saturn.  I think I was able to get the mirrors for like $15 each on ebay, but that was probably 15 years ago.  And if I can do the repair, I'm sure you can.  8)
Yeah, I watched a few YouTubes and found the part on Amazon for $25. I am positive I'll be able to do it myself.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

seriously annoyed today.
my only portable music player a sony cd walkman seems to have died.
and apparently sony no longer makes walkmans.
best buy didnt even have a single cd player of any brand.
i have no tunes now.
i hate life.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

GBL

I think it may finally be time to enter the 21st century, slim
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Hicks

Quote from: VA $l!m on August 09, 2022, 02:58:39 PMseriously annoyed today.
i have no tunes now.
i hate life.

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

i have no tunes now.
i hate life.
This one on eBay is pretty cheap. https://www.ebay.com/itm/295130161496?hash=item44b720e158:g:5wAAAOSwy~ti6a7-
Or this one on Amazon for $17: https://smile.amazon.com/Deluxe-Products-Portable-Walkman-Relaxing/dp/B083WNRH45/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2EDJDHJU0ZJ4L&keywords=cd+walkman&qid=1660077589&sprefix=cd+walkman%2Caps%2C159&sr=8-3

But you should really move up to the mp3/flac game. I use an old Samsung phone to hold nothing but Dead and Phish shows. I loaded it with Foobar, deleted all the other apps on the phone to maximize storage, and threw a 64gb sd card inside. I carry around entire tours to listen to in the car with it.

Along the same lines, I have nothing that plays CD's anymore. None of my computers have a CD drive, the CD player in my old Saturn doesn't work (that's what the Samsung phone is for), and my wife's SUV doesn't have a CD player at all. It's got Bluetooth and an Aux plug.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 09, 2022, 04:28:15 PM
i have no tunes now.
i hate life.
This one on eBay is pretty cheap. https://www.ebay.com/itm/295130161496?hash=item44b720e158:g:5wAAAOSwy~ti6a7-
Or this one on Amazon for $17: https://smile.amazon.com/Deluxe-Products-Portable-Walkman-Relaxing/dp/B083WNRH45/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2EDJDHJU0ZJ4L&keywords=cd+walkman&qid=1660077589&sprefix=cd+walkman%2Caps%2C159&sr=8-3

But you should really move up to the mp3/flac game. I use an old Samsung phone to hold nothing but Dead and Phish shows. I loaded it with Foobar, deleted all the other apps on the phone to maximize storage, and threw a 64gb sd card inside. I carry around entire tours to listen to in the car with it.

Along the same lines, I have nothing that plays CD's anymore. None of my computers have a CD drive, the CD player in my old Saturn doesn't work (that's what the Samsung phone is for), and my wife's SUV doesn't have a CD player at all. It's got Bluetooth and an Aux plug.
yeah im torn on whether to go back to mp3/flac portable of some sort.
i dont own a phone.
my mp3 player died.
after my stereo and old laptop got fried by lightning i just used the one thing i had that still worked which was my walkman.
i never liked having to convert/load up/rotate tunes, and i never liked managing music through itunes.
just popping in a cd was so simple...

VA $l!m

ended up buying an old discman off ebay til hopefully i can get a phone. been meaning to get a phone anyway...
hopefully the walkman works :)

VA $l!m

i still have a fm walkman from 83 that still works.
they dont make em like they used to...

VA $l!m

Controlled Burning.

IF you don't live in the midwest you might not have any experience with this but it fucking sucks this time of year when the south wind kicks it up from Kansas.

Could barely stand going outside for even a minute yesterday the air quality was so bad.
Instantly burns your eyes and throat.
It's so bad when i brush my teeth in the morning i spit out black shit that was caked into my gums.
Fucking horrific especially considering i still am smoking cigs which means i go outside and inhale deep breathes.

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on April 08, 2023, 02:38:44 PMControlled Burning.

IF you don't live in the midwest you might not have any experience with this but it fucking sucks this time of year when the south wind kicks it up from Kansas.

Could barely stand going outside for even a minute yesterday the air quality was so bad.
Instantly burns your eyes and throat.
It's so bad when i brush my teeth in the morning i spit out black shit that was caked into my gums.
Fucking horrific especially considering i still am smoking cigs which means i go outside and inhale deep breathes.

In Indy we don't do much Controlled Burn, but the past few days have been full of my neighbors during their leaves from fall. It takes a beautiful spring day that you'd want the windows open for and turns it into a smokey, nasty smelling day outside. I still don't understand why they all do it and all do it at once. I mulch mine and they form a pretty great garden bed start for the wife's veggie and herb gardens.

khalpin

Went mountain biking yesterday and wrecked.  Ended up cracking a rib.  51 years without breaking a bone down the tubes.

VA $l!m

Quote from: khalpin on May 22, 2023, 12:49:14 PMWent mountain biking yesterday and wrecked.  Ended up cracking a rib.  51 years without breaking a bone down the tubes.
F