News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Azureus Seeding

Started by August, June 20, 2006, 06:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

who wants to hold my hand and guide me through this?
i have checked out alot of the links but still have no idea where to start.
any help is cooooo

thanks
a

Alumni

I'm not the biggest expert around, but I'll give it a try:

Step 1: create the torrent file

(1) Open Azureus and from the top menu select:
[File] > [New Torrent]

(2) Make sure the box titled "use external tracker" is checked
In the "Announce URL" box, put http://tracker.etree.org:6969/announce

(3) The default setting is for a single file. Instead, check the box for "directory" and click [Next>]

(4) At the next screen, use the browse button and enter the folder for the show you want to seed. The simplest way is probably to drag-and-drop the folder into the box. Click [Next]

(5) The next screen is for smart people. I usually just leave it alone and click [Finish]

(6) Azureus will take a few moments to hash the files. When its done, it will spit out a torrent file (which should have the same name as the show folder, and a .torrent file extension)

step 2 next . . .

Cause I got a degree

Alumni

Step 2: upload torrent info. to bt.etree.org

(1) on the main page of bt.etree.org, click [upload]

(2) The upload page has some stuff thats supposed to be helpful. Scroll to the bottom, and you'll see the form to fill out to seed a torrent.

(3) The upload file is the torrent file that you just had azureus create. Enter it in the 1st field.

(4) Torrent name: pretty much self-explanatory

(5) shnid: this is optional, but it seems like good form to include it. Its the 3-5 digit number for that specific source found on db.etree.org

(6) Copy and paste the show's text file and md5 (or ffp) file into the description box.

(7) type = self explanatory, verified to be trade friendly needs to be checked, send email to announce torrent can be checked or unchecked.

(8) Click [do it]
Cause I got a degree

Alumni

Step 3: back to azureus . . .

(1) From the top menu, choose [File] > [Open] > [Torrent File]

(2) Click [add file] and choose the torrent file you created in step 1, and described in step 2

(3) If your version of azureus has an "add mode" box, select "seeding"

(4) Click OK

Azureus will take a few moments to check the file. When it gets to 100%, it should start to seed.

It can take 5-10-15 minutes to be recognized on bt.etree and get going. This lag is what tripped me up a few days ago.

Hope this helps. At the risk of sounding patronizing, I tried to describe everything and not assume anything.
Cause I got a degree

disco

Just a couple adjustments, behind the glow

Quote from: AlumniGreens on June 20, 2006, 07:38:52 PM
Step 2: upload torrent info. to bt.etree.org

(1) on the main page of bt.etree.org, click [upload]

(2) The upload page has some stuff thats supposed to be helpful. Scroll to the bottom, and you'll see the form to fill out to seed a torrent.

(3) The upload file is the torrent file that you just had azureus create. Enter it in the 1st field.

(4) Torrent name: pretty much self-explanatory typically: "Phish 12-31-97 MSG, NY, NY"
I think its always good to include the band name here too

(5) shnid: this is optional, but it seems like good form to include it. Its the 3-5 digit number for that specific source found on db.etree.org make sure you put the link to the source in the db in also

(6) Copy and paste the show's text file and md5 (or ffp) file into the description box.

(7) type = self explanatory, verified to be trade friendly needs to be checked, send email to announce torrent can be checked or unchecked.

(8) Click [do it]

Good Luck Aug :banana:
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

disco

nice work Alumni, some karma for your kindness :phish:

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

August

thanks guys!
hopefully it will be up soon!
a

August

i was waiting for it to hash the files.
it lookes like it was done and it said file saved, but nothing popped up.
i tried to redo the UL but now it says invalid file.
a

August

now i am able to create the file again.....
lets see what happens.
a

Piece length: 1.00 MB
Piece count: 1208
Hashing files
Saving File...
File saved.

thats what it says now and the only button i can click on is close.
where is the file saved to?
or is it supposed to appear on this page?
a

sophist

i always save the torrnet file in the same locations as the audio file (for me its my documents)
i think this is the default setting (whereever you save the audio files to)
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

August

what would it look like?
a

sophist

its on the right side, it has a frog icon.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

August

thanks for the screenshot.
i still cant find it though.
all my torrent files are saved right to my desktop, and i checked everywhere else.....
the green bar on the bottom went all the way to the end and it said file saved but i dont know....
a

Alumni

Assuming you're using windows, another way to find it would be to search for it using Windows:

Start Menu - Search - all files and folders

In the box that says "all or part of the file name" enter:
*.torrent

that will pull up the torrent file you created. And maybe also a mess of torrent files that you've downloaded from bt
Cause I got a degree

sophist

i was about to suggest that, only search the name of the file(i.e. Phish1997-12-31.torrent or whatever show your trying to share)