News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

FLac//Shnamp plugins??

Started by VA $l!m, November 14, 2005, 09:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Can anybody help me out w/ some Fresh links for shn/flac plugins for winamp??

i tried a couple of old links i had, and crashed my winamp once already...

what does everybody else use to listen to shns/flacs on their machine??

i also tried Foobar2000...and had a problem w/ getting the shns to work w/ the DL i got...
the flacs were fine...

any suggestions?//HELP?
thx.slim.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mattstick

VA $l!m

sorry for the ressurection...

BUT:
anybody know,
if i upgrade my winamp to the new version, will i have to reinstall my plugins?

DoW

I'm pretty sure you do not.
but the question I would ask is that if you are happy with your winamp now and have had problems in the past, do you really want to upgrade?

it took me years to finally get shns to play on winamp.  when it finally worked, I was weary about upgrading.  I finally did and it still works fine but I can't say that the upgrades really add any value for me personally.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

VA $l!m

Quote from: bvaz on January 01, 2008, 02:58:52 PM
I'm pretty sure you do not.
but the question I would ask is that if you are happy with your winamp now and have had problems in the past, do you really want to upgrade?

it took me years to finally get shns to play on winamp.  when it finally worked, I was weary about upgrading.  I finally did and it still works fine but I can't say that the upgrades really add any value for me personally.

no your exactly right.

that is why i havent upgraded for the last two years. once i got my plug ins to work and was happy with everything, i was weary...
its probably just that annoying prompt that comes up every time i open it that makes me want to upgrade.

though, actually now that i think about it, recently-last few months- it has been acting up. when i open a folder to play with winamp, it just randomly picks tracks, and doesnt start with track 1.

bottom line is i dont use it that much to really worry one way or another i guess.

DoW

those annoying pop ups is what makes me upgrade too.
you can also just back up the winamp directory to a flash drive or a cd and try and then if it doesn't work, just reload it.

I've had issues with winamp too but I still prefer it to the other players.

but to answer your original question, I am fairly confident that you won't need to reinstall the plugins.  give it a try.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

VA $l!m

well fuck.
i gave up and DLed the new winamp... 10th anniversary edition!--woohoo!!  :roll: :lol:

anyway, i guess the newest version finally has FLac support built in--which is very cool, BUT, i lokst my shn plugin!   :frustrated: damn. guess i gotta see if the old plugin link will work on this version.

VA $l!m

Quote from: VA slim on January 25, 2008, 11:47:50 PM
well fuck.
i gave up and DLed the new winamp... 10th anniversary edition!--woohoo!!  :roll: :lol:

anyway, i guess the newest version finally has FLac support built in--which is very cool, BUT, i lokst my shn plugin!   :frustrated: damn. guess i gotta see if the old plugin link will work on this version.

sweet, it worked!  :banana:

VA $l!m

not a plugin question, but does anyone know what setting i need to find to get rid of the seconds of no sound in between files??
i had it fixed on my old version i thought, but not now that i upgraded... i can't find the setting... any help??
help?? its driving me NUTZ!!