News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Ghosts of the Forest Spring 2019 Tour

Started by pcr3, December 11, 2018, 02:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: anthrax on December 20, 2018, 06:25:42 PM
Quote from: Hicks on December 20, 2018, 12:33:04 PM
Quote from: anthrax on December 20, 2018, 12:01:55 PM
These should be phish shows...suck it, Page!

Lulz you aren't actually complaining about this are you?

this would be me complaining about the lack of phish shows.

that is all.

There hasn't been a spring tour in like 25 years, a new band with 50% of Phish in addition to whatever they do for summer is a pretty sweet bonus.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on December 20, 2018, 09:27:51 PM

that is all.

There hasn't been a spring tour in like 25 years, a new band with 50% of Phish in addition to whatever they do for summer is a pretty sweet bonus.

What this guy said!
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Lulz you aren’t actually complaining about this are you?

that is all.

There hasn’t been a spring tour in like 25 years, a new band with 50% of Phish in addition to whatever they do for summer is a pretty sweet bonus.

I'd count the Hampton Reunion shows as a 'spring tour'. They were only 1 show shy of being as long as the Island Tour in '98.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on December 21, 2018, 05:32:20 AM

that is all.

I'd count the Hampton Reunion shows as a 'spring tour'. They were only 1 show shy of being as long as the Island Tour in '98.

a. It's not a tour if they don't, you know, "tour" from venue to venue. Have you ever heard anyone call NYE a tour? Didn't think so.

b. Technically March 6-8 is still winter

c. Now go get your fucking shine box.   :samurai:

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

gah

Yes, technically, I believe "tour" would indicate a movement from one venue to another, even if it's just one move and two venues, that'd be valid. (see: island tour). NYE are not a tour. Mexico is not a tour. Hampton come back shows are not a tour. Bakers Dozen...not a tour. Those I'd just call "runs". Like the New Years run, or the Bakers Dozen run...etc.

/phish geeks geeking out up in this bitch
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

Quote from: gah on December 21, 2018, 10:51:50 AM
Yes, technically, I believe "tour" would indicate a movement from one venue to another, even if it's just one move and two venues, that'd be valid. (see: island tour). NYE are not a tour. Mexico is not a tour. Hampton come back shows are not a tour. Bakers Dozen...not a tour. Those I'd just call "runs". Like the New Years run, or the Bakers Dozen run...etc.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 21, 2018, 11:58:37 AM

Good point. I hadn't thought of it that way.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

gah

Quote from: mistercharlie on December 21, 2018, 12:08:52 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on December 21, 2018, 11:58:37 AM

Good point. I hadn't thought of it that way.

:smoke:  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

susep

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on December 21, 2018, 09:39:08 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on December 21, 2018, 05:32:20 AM

that is all.

a. It's not a tour if they don't, you know, "tour" from venue to venue. Have you ever heard anyone call NYE a tour? Didn't think so.

b. Technically March 6-8 is still winter

c. Now go get your fucking shine box.   :samurai:

Gumbo72203

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

emay

Damn Yo La Tengo just got added to the LA Greek show. Might have to do that since its my bday as well.

Caravan2001

Quote from: emay on January 30, 2019, 03:41:39 PM
Damn Yo La Tengo just got added to the LA Greek show. Might have to do that since its my bday as well.

That's awesome

Caravan2001

The United Palace Theatre looks awesome!  I've never even heard of it!

jam>

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 30, 2019, 06:32:46 PM
The United Palace Theatre looks awesome!  I've never even heard of it!

Yup, beautiful theater up in Harlem. Saw the Allman Brothers there once. Who's got my extra?