News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish NYE 2017/18 MSG

Started by rowjimmy, September 20, 2017, 02:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Space theme?! Oh man I'm excited! 

It's gotta be Mercury for the 'gag'....
Bring in the dude!

mattstick

Was 12/28 the best show of this run?

anthrax

Hicks

12/30 was easily the best, it's the one people will still talk about a couple years from now.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on January 02, 2018, 10:54:28 AM
12/30 was easily the best, it's the one people will still talk about a couple years from now.
I totally agree.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Everyone but me  :oops:

WhatstheUse?

That does seem to be the most popular opinion. 

It surely has the tastiest setlist on paper but I think a Mike's Groove, Tweezer, Gin & DWD all in one set makes it look better than it was though.

I had the most fun on NYE followed by 12/29. Thought it was an above average NYE run for 3.0 playing wise, but didn't reach quite the heights of Baker's Dozen.

I also love Soul Planet, so what do I know.
Bring in the dude!

gah

12/30 gets my vote, but 12/29 2nd set was my favorite overall.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 06, 2018, 12:11:42 PM

That does seem to be the most popular opinion. 

It surely has the tastiest setlist on paper but I think a Mike's Groove, Tweezer, Gin & DWD all in one set makes it look better than it was though.

I had the most fun on NYE followed by 12/29. Thought it was an above average NYE run for 3.0 playing wise, but didn't reach quite the heights of Baker's Dozen.

I also love Soul Planet, so what do I know.

I'm sure you had more fun at 12/29, but in terms of playing 12/30 completely blows it away.  The Tweezer isn't just great on paper, it's a fantastic multi-segment jam. Plus the slow Brother was awesome and the Gin was above average and that's just the first set! I actually need to revisit the DWD as I don't remember it that well, but I loved the spacey Steam segment, shit went deep! Then the Farmhouse really was exceptional, and I usually hate that song, especially in the middle of the second set like that.  But it was a unique version and you have to dig the Marley teases. 

12/29 has a pretty good Chalkdust, a surprisingly unterrible SOAM and what else of note? A botched Destiny?
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

Pretty sure 12/28 was the best show top to bottom.  :-D

mattstick

Diggin' Charlie Miller's AKG Shotgun sources

Recording Info:
AKG C460b/CK8 > Sound Devices 744T (24bit/96k) > Samplitude Pro X3 Suite > FLAC/24
(1 DVD FLAC)

Recorded and Mastered By Charlie Miller
charliemiller87@earthlink.net
January 7, 2018

Notes:
-- Section 2 Row 1 Seat 20 with the mic stand 9 feet high
-- Chris Kuroda allowed me to set up next to him in the lighting booth

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on January 09, 2018, 05:58:14 PM

Diggin' Charlie Miller's AKG Shotgun sources

Recording Info:
AKG C460b/CK8 > Sound Devices 744T (24bit/96k) > Samplitude Pro X3 Suite > FLAC/24
(1 DVD FLAC)

Recorded and Mastered By Charlie Miller
charliemiller87@earthlink.net
January 7, 2018

Notes:
-- Section 2 Row 1 Seat 20 with the mic stand 9 feet high
-- Chris Kuroda allowed me to set up next to him in the lighting booth

Nice.  Gonna peep those.  K+ for the info.

mattstick

pcr3

Quote from: gah on January 06, 2018, 03:00:49 PM

I'm still trying to figure out why I have no memory of this set. I mean, I loved it at the time and danced my ass off, but...nothing. I blame  :wtu:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Hicks

Quote from: pcr3 on January 10, 2018, 12:20:18 AM
Quote from: gah on January 06, 2018, 03:00:49 PM

I'm still trying to figure out why I have no memory of this set. I mean, I loved it at the time and danced my ass off, but...nothing. I blame  :wtu: