News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Political Vids/Images

Started by rowjimmy, March 19, 2008, 03:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

SNL goes after Obama on immigration. But don't worry, WaPo fact checked it for you in case you weren't sure if what SNL is doing these days constitutes as comedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUDSeb2zHQ0&list=UUqFzWxSCi39LnW1JKFR3efg
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

sls.stormyrider

All presidents in recent history have expanded their power beyond was was assumed 50 - 100 years ago, not to mention the 1700s.

I don't think that in this case BO did anything that his predecessors haven't done. I agree with those who say that this wasn't the best way to make points with and incoming congress and new Senate Majority Leader.
On the other hand, the past 6 years tells me that there is absolutely nothing short of resigning that the GOP wouldn't give him a hard time over. They would argue if he called the sky blue
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

runawayjimbo

Come on, sls. It's not about past presidents; it's about what this one was supposed to be and what he has become (that's not fair; he was pretty much the same guy the day he took the oath).

To be honest, it's the media's response to it that has me the most disgusted. Fact checking a SNL skit? What a joke. I'll have to go back and read all those Tina Fey/Palin fact checks WaPo and Politifact and the like put out. "Did you know Gerald Ford didn't actually fall down a flight of stairs?" Mind = blown

I just wish this guy would have won.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

forgot about this thread.  moving my post from the police thread

Quote from: mbw on November 25, 2014, 09:14:55 AM
putting this here just cause.
i was watching this guy streaming live last night, when all of a sudden there was a bunch of commotion and running.
turns out dude got his phone jacked.    :angel:

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: runawayjimbo on November 24, 2014, 09:18:10 PM
Come on, sls. It's not about past presidents; it's about what this one was supposed to be and what he has become (that's not fair; he was pretty much the same guy the day he took the oath).

To be honest, it's the media's response to it that has me the most disgusted. Fact checking a SNL skit? What a joke. I'll have to go back and read all those Tina Fey/Palin fact checks WaPo and Politifact and the like put out. "Did you know Gerald Ford didn't actually fall down a flight of stairs?" Mind = blown

I just wish this guy would have won.

I agree with you.
My major point is the shocked and stunned GOP are major hypocrites because they allowed their own guy to do it, not that any president should be allowed to ( I think not). And, Obama would fall in that category too as he would likely complain as Senator if Pres Bush or McCain did it.

and I missed your major point, but agree, that the political media has become a total joke.

and finally, I agree about the guy that "should have won"

historical footnote. Jefferson frequently warned about the dangers of a strong central govt and a strong president.
that is, of course, until he became president and expanded the powers of that office.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

ytowndan

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

runawayjimbo

My love/hate relationships, ranked:

3. Trey
2. Liz Warren
1. Donovan McNabb

The setup takes a long time to get there, but the Jack Lew slam is a thing of beauty.

Undermind

Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

rowjimmy

sunrisevt

Quote from: runawayjimbo on December 15, 2014, 12:48:41 PM
My love/hate relationships, ranked:

3. Trey
2. Liz Warren
1. Donovan McNabb

It's nice to finally see you acknowledge that your politics are a manifestation of unresolved personal issues.  :-P

:wink:
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Undermind

mbw

from the white house FB page.  i really hope its true.

QuotePresident Obama's suiting up for the big speech. Watch at 9pm ET → wh.gov/SOTU #YesWeTan #SOTU