News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Tame Impala - The Slow Rush

Started by mistercharlie, October 28, 2019, 05:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

The 4th Tame Impala LP has been announced and is currently up for pre-order. There is a limited splatter variant that is exclusive to the Tame webstore, a limited Forest Green variant that will be available at most stores, a red/blue 'indie store' exclusive and a standard black pressing.

Splatter version and Standard Black version:
https://shoptameimpala.com/

Forest Green version and Red/Blue version:
https://www.roughtrade.com/us/tame-impala/the-slow-rush/lp-plus-x2
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

New single is bringing the weeeeeee-ooooohs. 

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

I can dig it.
Definitely more in line with my tastes than Currents.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Gumbo72203

i *REALLY* liked Currents.  But I'm also digging this too.  I didn't really get their first 2 albums, but this is nice. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Hicks

The two singles sound way more in the vein of Currents than the first two albums to me.

And personally I think Currents is a top ten album of 2010-2019. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on November 02, 2019, 02:28:08 PM
The two singles sound way more in the vein of Currents than the first two albums to me.

And personally I think Currents is a top ten album of 2010-2019.

Agreed on both counts. Lonerism is a bad-ass album, but I really love Currents.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

It's here!

Pretty damn good, but unsurprisingly it's his most pop album yet.

Wish Patience would have made the cut, but the production is top notch and the lyrics tackle some compelling themes of getting older and whatnot.

Stoked to be seeing them in August, even if it's kinda crazy they are headlining arenas now.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on February 13, 2020, 10:16:44 AM
It's here!

Wish Patience would have made the cut, but the production is top notch and the lyrics tackle some compelling themes of getting older and whatnot.

Stoked to be seeing them in August, even if it's kinda crazy they are headlining arenas now.

I just got my shipping notification. I should have mine by Saturday. Which version did you order, Jason?

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on February 13, 2020, 11:05:42 AM
It's here!

I just got my shipping notification. I should have mine by Saturday. Which version did you order, Jason?

I ordered the forest green off Amazon for $26, splatter was a little rich for my blood. 

I think I also get the CD for free along with my ticket. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on February 13, 2020, 01:47:33 PM
It's here!

I ordered the forest green off Amazon for $26, splatter was a little rich for my blood. 

I went ahead and got the splatter. I liked the way it looked and the Currents limited edition I have goes for a pretty penny now, so I figured it was worth it.

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on February 13, 2020, 03:46:03 PM
Quote from: Hicks on February 13, 2020, 01:47:33 PM
It's here!

I went ahead and got the splatter. I liked the way it looked and the Currents limited edition I have goes for a pretty penny now, so I figured it was worth it.

Yeah it looked cool, I don't really care that much about varients though.

I'm sure it will be worth over a bill.