News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

have you heard about...?

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, December 04, 2007, 12:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Marriage is all about communication.

mehead

non verbals

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

kellerb

runawayjimbo

Quote from: kellerb on July 19, 2014, 06:55:03 PM
Needs more Pivot table

Pivot Tables are for suckers. It's all about array formulas.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

kellerb

antelope19

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 16, 2014, 02:42:56 PM
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
NYer today

More.....

Funny video.  NSFW due to language

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Buffalo Budd

I guess Ray still has the chip on his shoulder about chatting during his shows...
http://liveforlivemusic.com/news/Ray-LaMontagne-Calls-Out-Fans-For-Talking/
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 25, 2014, 10:58:05 AM
I guess Ray still has the chip on his shoulder about chatting during his shows...
http://liveforlivemusic.com/news/Ray-LaMontagne-Calls-Out-Fans-For-Talking/

This makes me surprisingly happy. I think I've been looking for a reason to not like him, that'll do it. Thanks!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

runawayjimbo

Dude

http://t.co/pddct4kBoV

10-Year-Old Girl's Guitar Cover Of Slayer Is Insane (With Hilarious Backup Vocals Bonus)

The guitar skills needed to cover a Slayer song like "War Ensemble" are pretty significant to say the least. That's why this particular rendition by a -- wait for it, wait for it -- 10-year-old girl named Audrey is all the more impressive.

Don't be misled by the gaming system -- this is not Guitar Hero, Rockband or similar, simple button-pushing video games, but Rocksmith, a system that uses real guitars in order to teach and hone actual skills at playing.

Add to the insane musical talent on display at such a young age the hilarious backup vocal antics bonus by a younger sister named Kate, and there are way too many things to love about this candidly cute moment. Rock on, Audrey and Kate!

Mr. Natural

Audrey, you're a prodigy and all,
but Kate, honey, you got a God-given gift.

:evil: :rawk: :evil:
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

khalpin

Funniest thing I've seen in quite a while.

mbw

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 18, 2014, 05:21:59 PM
#MarriedPeopleProblems

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/super-page/guy-who-sent-his-wife-a-spreadsheet-about-his-disappointment-in-their-sex-life-deserves-our-love-and-compassion/

Guy Who Sent His Wife A Spreadsheet About His Disappointment in Their Sex Life Deserves Our Love and Compassion

Reddit r/relationships – My husband [M26] and I [F26] have been together for 5 years, married for 2 of those years. We just bought a house 5 months ago. No kids yet. Our lives have been crazy busy though. We spent all spring renovating our new house. At my job I was given nearly double my usual workload after some of my colleagues were laid off. I gained some weight in the winter and have been busting my ass at the gym to get rid of it.

Yesterday morning, while in a taxi on the way to the airport, Husband sends a message to my work email which is connected to my phone. He's never done this, we always communicate in person or by text. I open it up, and it's a sarcastic diatribe basically saying he won't miss me for the 10 days I'm gone. Attached is a SPREADSHEET of all the times he has tried to initiate sex since June 1st, with a column for my "excuses", using verbatim quotes of why I didn't feel like having sex at that very moment. According to his 'document', we've only had sex 3 times in the last 7 weeks, out of 27 "attempts" on his part.

Now obviously any time you put a spreadsheet together with someone's mistakes, it's going to look bad, particularly when you're aggressive with your italics on the sporadic "Yes" in the sex column. But are his complaints really that wrong? I know all the whiny sites out there are going to say it's dehumanizing and, yeah, it's a little bit of an Aspergery move. But she's throwing the most cliché and whiny chick excuses out there.

-"I came back from the gym, I feel gross."

Your husband is spent the entire Spring season dealing with how you don't have the right backsplash in your kitchen, busting sad basement loads into crusty socks, and you think he cares about the crustiness of your box after hitting the elliptical for 8 minutes? It's called being a team player, lady.

-"I'm too drunk."

Valid excuse if you're just dating or something but the whole point of relationship sex is that the effort is long gone, you can just enjoy the experience without worrying about the variables. There's a reason there's no term called "whiskey vagina."

-"I'm not feeling good, I ate too much."

Gee wonder why you've packed on a few when this excuse comes up about 15 times in our man's thorough account of the inadequacies of the relationship. Eat some celery for once, lie there, and act like his haphazard pumping at your lifeless body is anything resembling sexually appealing. It's like you've never read a Hallmark anniversary card.

-"I'm watching my show, I don't want to miss anything."

Unless you can't afford a DVR, you can't make this excuse. And poor people fuck and blow loads in people more than anyone so even that excuse isn't an excuse. And even then, just watch the show while he gets his rocks off. Exchange a bro fist at the end, boom, chillest wife on Earth.

I will not sit idly by while this man gets excoriated by all the people in "healthy and mature" relationships online. Psh who needs that. Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at. Throw in some functions and macros in that Excel bad boy and you've got my platonic ideal of functional misery.

I am slow on the uptake with some things on the paug, but this Dysfunction sentence is too good, and now my new sig. What a great post.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

runawayjimbo

Overachieving jerk makes all other dads look wholly inadequate.

Also, this thing is awesome.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2014/07/31/this_dad_built_an_amazing_nasa_simulator_for_his_kids.html?wpsrc=fol_tw

The NASA Simulator This Dad Built for His Kids Is Just the Best

Dads are awesome, but this is just over the top amazing. The video below shows how dad of two Jeff Highsmith built a mission control desk and spaceship for his two sons. There are LED lights, real switches and inputs that trigger sound effects and flashing, and even a bass shaker in the floor so you can feel the rocket taking off. Come on.

Make: magazine describes how the different sequences of lights and sound effects are coordinated by Arduino boards and a Raspberry Pi, and Highsmith wired the whole thing so it's adjustable and expandable in case he wants to add other features later. There's even an iPhone mount in the spaceship that plays real NASA footage and could be used to extend the ship's features in the future.

Highsmith describes in the video how the sequences programmed into the desk and ship are meant to spark imaginative not competitive play, and he says he hopes the work he put into the setup will inspire his sons to be interested in building and programming one day. But it's not just for them. Highsmith clearly had a great time putting it together, and he even built out part of the ship so he could get in it "for testing." There is no one who wouldn't want to play with this thing. I feel comfortable saying that definitively.

runawayjimbo

This definitely doesn't need it's own thread, but Trey was at the One Direction concert last night. Amazing that his daughters despite their unique upbringing, would have the same shitty taste in music as any other teeny bopper.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/122383/When-Harry-Met-Trey-Anastasio-Visits-With-Styles-Of-One-Direction

Oh, hai