News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/30 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, December 30, 2015, 11:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

MSG
NY, NY

I:  Sample, Free, Simple, GBOTT , Waiting All Night, 555, Roggae, The Dogs, 46 Days

II:  Chalkdust>Ghost>Can't Always Listen>Ghost>Waves>Bathtub>Mikes>BATR>Weekapaug>WTU>Weekapaug*

E:  Character Zero

*with Auld Lang Syne and WTU quotes

GBL

^that set list hurts my eyes

No tweezer is suprising, they've always played it first night of new years run in 3.0 I think
If this is love, I'm never going home..

PIE-GUY

Can't always listen, eh? That tune was so "familiar" I was singing along. Should I know that one?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

pcr3

I liked that show a lot. Cannot wait for 1/1, the only one I can do.

Highlights were Roggae, CDT>Ghost and most of what happened thereafter. Trey seemed to be channeling Garcia's peaking fan "technique" a lot, and I'm down with that.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

rowjimmy

Quote from: pcr3 on December 31, 2015, 12:56:13 AM
I liked that show a lot. Cannot wait for 1/1, the only one I can do.

Highlights were Roggae, CDT>Ghost and most of what happened thereafter. Trey seemed to be channeling Garcia's peaking fan "technique" a lot, and I'm down with that.

Just heard that on the Roggae peak.

Holy shit

eta:
CDust was cool. Lots of familiar themes.
Quote from: PGLHAH on December 31, 2015, 12:32:53 AM
Can't always listen, eh? That tune was so "familiar" I was singing along. Should I know that one?
"Can't Always Listen" was quite familiar.
Catchy, simple, I can dig it.

Up to Gin now.

eata:
Gin was cool.
Not thrilled by Trey in this Mike's Song so far.

emay

What did that CDt n ghost clock in at the mobile live phish site doesn't have times

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

anthrax

Quote from: PGLHAH on December 31, 2015, 12:32:53 AM

per Jambase...
QuoteThe new original was a cross between ZZ Top and Jimmy Buffett with Phishy lyrics about staying true to oneself despite what others may say.

this was a very strong opening night.  free, gbott, roggae all had a little extra oomph.  the dogs and 46 days are always heaters.  the second set was all fire!

i made a few little upgrades to my couch tour set up and this in combination with the 1080 HD stream made for a great sounding evening.

tet

gotta say, that 1080p stream was pretty sweet...  not sure if i'm gonna have the opportunity to stream any other night, but that was fun. 

going to have to listen to this show again (already up on phish.in), some really fun moments, especially 2nd set.  loved CDT -> Ghost, and of course 'paug -> :wtu: -> 'paug
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

anthrax

rowjimmy

Good show.
Mike's Song is kinda weaksauce but it doesn't take the show down too much.

VDB

Had a grand time during the second set. I'll take a Gin in that slot anytime, and this one was pretty gnarly. The Ghost abortion for the new tune was the only part of the set that irked me.
Is this still Wombat?

danje

WhatstheUse?

Was let down by the first set other than a nice roggae (fish man was all over that!) - also, Dogs is kinda lame if they don't jam it...

The second set however was fucking awesome. Pretty much loved all of it!  :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

zimbra

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 31, 2015, 01:53:01 PM
Was let down by the first set other than a nice roggae (fish man was all over that!) - also, Dogs is kinda lame if they don't jam it...

The second set however was fucking awesome. Pretty much loved all of it!  :wtu:

Pretty much how I felt. At setbreak I was pretty un-amused but was trying to stay positive, the Roggae helped. I really enjoyed the CDT though, ran back onto the floor from the bar right as the jam started and caught it all.  I liked the Gin too but I think the week4paug comes in as my second favorite of the night.  I wasn't expecting the WTU at all. 

I'm sitting in my hotel room about to re-listen.  Let's go NYE & Boomer Sooner!

ETA:  :wtu: spotted me on the street post-show so I got to see him and then we ran into  :sbw: on the street corner immediately after.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio