News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Favorite One-Off cover of 3.0

Started by WhatstheUse?, June 07, 2019, 07:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

We're connoisseurs, not addicts.
There's a difference.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

I enjoyed the rover and thunder road too.
Rover was actually executed well.

susep

Quote from: mbw on June 10, 2019, 12:04:33 PM
sorry guys, that radiohead cover was wack.

I like how it kept popping up in the tunes afterward.  Caspian segued into another dank donut ambient jam w/ Fish quietly singing "sucking on a lemon". 

cactusfan

Quote from: emay on June 11, 2019, 01:50:27 PM
I enjoyed the rover and thunder road too.
Rover was actually executed well.

The Rover was such a cool surprise. A very under the radar Zep tune I always loved.
Gets off to a bit of a rough start, but then it's great.

rowjimmy

Quote from: susep on June 11, 2019, 04:10:08 PM
Quote from: mbw on June 10, 2019, 12:04:33 PM
sorry guys, that radiohead cover was wack.

I like how it kept popping up in the tunes afterward.  Caspian segued into another dank donut ambient jam w/ Fish quietly singing "sucking on a lemon".

Insofar as sounding like Radiohead... not a winner. But it was cool in and of itself.

GBL

On a side note, greatest one off of all time?  Gotta be Terrapin Station

Still gives me chills listening to it
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mistercharlie

Quote from: GBL on June 11, 2019, 08:07:37 PM

As much as I love Terrapin Station I think my favorite one-off of all time would be Rhinoceros. I love that song and it was a great start to a great show.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

tet

Agreed, it was pretty insane at the time, and I also still get chills on those first few notes.

However, one of my favorites was just a few months later, 11/14/98 (I am in perpetual-fluffing of this show, btw) - So Lonely!! Just nailed and such a fun, ridiculous cover in a year that had tons of fun, ridiculous (and a few serious) covers.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Gol D. Roger

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 11, 2019, 08:34:50 PM

As much as I love Terrapin Station I think my favorite one-off of all time would be Rhinoceros. I love that song and it was a great start to a great show.

This.
,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

VDB

Quote from: emay on June 10, 2019, 11:35:44 AM
radiohead cover was cool

but I literally thought the pavilion was going to cave in during that Killin in the Name.
I saw someone light off a damn roman candle in the pavilion! Not even sure how they got that in. Someone also had a huge american flag they were waving in the pit which just brought it all together, what a moment in phishtory.

That was wild. The whole thing was as intense and unexpected a moment as I've encountered at a Phish show and, given my little relationship with that song during my youth, utterly unforgettable for me.

That said, I'm glad TCoB got left off the list because it would have been a tough call. Extremely fun and gratifying for some different reasons.
Is this still Wombat?