News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-10-26 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL - Post Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, October 27, 2018, 08:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

FRIDAY 10/26/2018
ALLSTATE ARENA
Rosemont, IL
SET I:
Punch You in the Eye > Martian Monster, Axilla, Reba, My Sweet One, Mercury > Moonage Daydream, Walls of the Cave

SET II:
Tweezer* > Golden Age > Frost, Limb By Limb, Sand, A Day in the Life, Possum

E:
Wilson > Tweezer Reprise

* w/ Party Time jam
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

So far all I've heard is the PYITE, but Hawt Dayum!!!! That is a special PYITE!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Bobafett

I listened through Reba on Mixlr last night.  Looks like one hell of a show.  Ready for tonight.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

mbw

Show was great.  Crowd was amped.
Sucked getting into the venue.  Looong ass security line.
Thanks #MAGAbomber.

anthrax

yeah, there was an ex marine barking orders at the security guys at our entrance.  i've never been searched that hard in any situation ever.

but once inside...oh man.  it was on from the first note.  amazing night!

ph92

That was nuts end to end. The energy in that venue was absolutely crazy! I might argue this was the best show I've seen all year.

The Tweezer > Manteca teases>Golden age was great, they kept pushing the boundaries and taking risks and it paid off.  The sand was a peak-y monster!
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

aphineday

This fucking band.
By far the best show I've seen in a very long time.
We actually had no problems in or out, probably the easiest experience I've ever had, which is crazy when you hear the stories from others.
My wife's second show, but she was blown away.
The level of playing is superior right now. Peaks are great and slow burners. I thought Moonage Daydream might blow the roof off last night.
We need a Paug meetup!
Also... That Possum was dope (things I wasn't sure I'd ever say again)
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

gah

Quote from: aphineday on October 27, 2018, 12:23:37 PM
This fucking band.
By far the best show I've seen in a very long time.
We actually had no problems in or out, probably the easiest experience I've ever had, which is crazy when you hear the stories from others.
My wife's second show, but she was blown away.
The level of playing is superior right now. Peaks are great and slow burners. I thought Moonage Daydream might blow the roof off last night.
We need a Paug meetup!

and evidence, or it never happened.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VDB

Quote from: aphineday on October 27, 2018, 12:23:37 PM

Possum is doing pretty well these days!
Is this still Wombat?

VA $l!m

they took down the set opener vids from last nights show for some reason... or maybe my browser is just fucking up, lol
Glad i got to see them both this morning. Hopefully they put them back cause i really liked that Tweezer, especially the first half or so through maybe the first 2 or 3 modulations.

VA $l!m

mistercharlie

Anyone else get a real 'Party Time-jam' vibe from that Tweezer. It almost feels like the setlist should read: Tweezer -> Party Time Jam > Golden Age

mbw

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 27, 2018, 08:03:42 PM
Anyone else get a real 'Party Time-jam' vibe from that Tweezer. It almost feels like the setlist should read: Tweezer -> Party Time Jam > Golden Age

Tweezer* > Golden Age

* w/ Party Time jam
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.