News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

3/6/09 YEM's

Started by redrum, March 19, 2009, 11:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

Quote from: sprobeck on March 24, 2009, 12:46:22 PM
I don't know, I've never done H but I don't think it's that hard to sound like you're on drugs:phish:

you're seriously proving your own point.
  :-D
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

gah

Quote from: Sophist on March 24, 2009, 08:08:59 AM
Quote from: sprobeck on March 23, 2009, 10:14:19 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on March 23, 2009, 09:05:44 PM
Spro, denial ain't just a river in Africa.
It's not denial really it's just that believing that someone you love won't do what you want them to because they have a drug problem or because they don't get along with someone is easier to take than thinking that it's just because they don't want to.  I'm glad that Trey and Phish want to again and are back at it. It makes no difference to me what drugs they are or aren't on as long as they play great music. I'm sure they feel the same way.

just sayin'. 

That picture is damn hilarious! I am going miss that guy, at least for the laughs....

I'm not going to even get into the Trey's drug debate going on, but it's laid out right there in that RS article. Personally, I thought he looked great in Richmond in the fall, and I hoped that would be the Trey we got in Hampton. And we did. And now, I just hope that's the Trey we get all summer. That's all I am hoping for. I don't want him being drawn in as the summer wears on and the pressure starts to build, for everyones sake, but as was stated before, mostly for himself and his family.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sprobeck

Quote from: redrum on March 24, 2009, 12:50:39 PM
I don't know, I've never done H but I don't think it's that hard to sound like you're on drugs:phish:

You think I'm trying to sound like I'm drugs? Just coffee here man. I was thinking that a lot of these drug things don't make sense to me. Why would someone do that to themselves? Pop a bunch of H so they can ramble incoherently and look and play all wasted out?  The only thing I can think of is that it's a way to put some distance between themselves and all the people who would be constantly demanding things of them.  Those guys give a lot.  Members of my family have met and talked with Jerry G numerous times. He liked them because they understood that.  Remember what Trey and Gordon did at Coventry with playing out on the Rocks. It was like "is the music any better if we are closer to you the fans? Not really!"
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

rowjimmy

Quote from: sprobeck on March 24, 2009, 01:03:33 PM

You think I'm trying to sound like I'm drugs? Just coffee here man. I was thinking that a lot of these drug things don't make sense to me. Why would someone do that to themselves? Pop a bunch of H so they can ramble incoherently and look and play all wasted out?  The only thing I can think of is that it's a way to put some distance between themselves and all the people who would be constantly demanding things of them.  Those guys give a lot.  Members of my family have met and talked with Jerry G numerous times. He liked them because they understood that.  Remember what Trey and Gordon did at Coventry with playing out on the Rocks. It was like "is the music any better if we are closer to you the fans? Not really!"

Why would anyone do that?
How about because they are an addict?

sophist

(and yes, I am battling blatboom for most pictures in this thread  :wink: )
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

blatboom

Quote from: sprobeck on March 24, 2009, 12:09:14 PM
Ok. Well you guys can go on believing what they want you to believe if you want. Nothing is really known for sure other than the arrests.

EDIT:
Quote from: Sophist on March 24, 2009, 01:09:17 PM
(and yes, I am battling blatboom for most pictures in this thread  :wink: )

:lol:
I'm back in the lead!

sprobeck

Becoming an addict is STupid.  It's hard to believe an intelligent person would let that happen unless they wanted to appear more human and decrease the hero worship!
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 24, 2009, 01:05:27 PM

Why would anyone do that?
How about because they are an addict?

SER!
Bring in the dude!

blatboom

I'm pretty sure that restart was unintentional.

McGrupp

Quote from: sprobeck on March 24, 2009, 01:30:54 PM
Becoming an addict is STupid.  It's hard to believe an intelligent person would let that happen unless they wanted to appear more human and decrease the hero worship!

I have friends who are way more intelligent than me that are addicts. Its not about smart/stupid.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

guyforget

You clearly dont understand addiction.  Lucky you. 

-AD_

Mr Minor

Quote from: McGrupp on March 24, 2009, 01:35:42 PM

I have friends who are way more intelligent than me that are addicts. Its not about smart/stupid.

:?

WTF?

WhatstheUse?

I hope you are kidding because this is one of the dumbest posts I have ever read.
Bring in the dude!

blatboom

Quote from: Mr Minor on March 24, 2009, 01:37:56 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on March 24, 2009, 01:35:42 PM

:?

WTF?

just to clarify.. you're WTFing Spro, not McG??