News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Week4paug Needs [Suggestion Box]

Started by ucusty, November 09, 2006, 10:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

i have a suggestion that i think could use some brainstorming... not sure exactly what we could do, but there has been some talk about at least creating a thread for AUdience recording source recommendations.
is this something we already cover with the Wiki? if so, i'm assuming it would  not have running Rec.s while the tour is ongoing.

just looking for some input on this topic, maybe i could  just create one thread for the second leg of  tour, updated as sources come in for the new shows.

i know many of us, myself included would welcome a concentrated recommendation resource. Especially since with all the matrixs, on top of LPsbds, on top of OTS&FOB-Audience recordings that seem to fly out after each show, it can get rather convoluded trying to weed through the non-essential stuff. i'm sure that combining our collective ears there would be some great input.

i know i could just go ahead and start a thread, but i thought i'd mention it here first since its been brought up a few times and noones stepped up to the plate yet. thoughts fellas?

EDIT:
:lol:
right after i posted this, i saw this:
http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=12799.0
:clap:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

khalpin

Quote from: blatboom on July 03, 2009, 11:50:42 PM
Quote from: guyforget on July 03, 2009, 11:43:50 PM
Quote from: khalpin on July 03, 2009, 03:51:20 PM
Maybe there's a way to do this that I'm unaware of, but it'd be nice to be able to search an individual thread, or maybe a "see all posts by username xxxxx  in this thread".  It can be tough to search for a post in a 40 page thread.  I don't know if the search function is customizable, though.  Or if anyone else knows of a more effective way to use the search function, I'd be curious to hear it.

i dont know of a way to search for posts by person in a certain thread...

BUT

you can very easily search within a single thread by opening the thread and using the search box at the top of the page.  if you do it like that, it will only search within the thread.  likewise, if youre in an individual forum and use the search box at the top of the page it will only search that individual forum.  its kinda weird, and people have lots of complaints about the confusing search function in SMF but once you get used to how it works its actually pretty functional. 

I just learned something, thanks.

what's the deal with youtube imbedding?
Me too!  Thanks!

nab

Quote from: khalpin on July 04, 2009, 08:09:30 AM
Quote from: blatboom on July 03, 2009, 11:50:42 PM
Quote from: guyforget on July 03, 2009, 11:43:50 PM
Quote from: khalpin on July 03, 2009, 03:51:20 PM
Maybe there's a way to do this that I'm unaware of, but it'd be nice to be able to search an individual thread, or maybe a "see all posts by username xxxxx  in this thread".  It can be tough to search for a post in a 40 page thread.  I don't know if the search function is customizable, though.  Or if anyone else knows of a more effective way to use the search function, I'd be curious to hear it.

i dont know of a way to search for posts by person in a certain thread...

BUT

you can very easily search within a single thread by opening the thread and using the search box at the top of the page.  if you do it like that, it will only search within the thread.  likewise, if youre in an individual forum and use the search box at the top of the page it will only search that individual forum.  its kinda weird, and people have lots of complaints about the confusing search function in SMF but once you get used to how it works its actually pretty functional. 

I just learned something, thanks.

what's the deal with youtube imbedding?
Me too!  Thanks!

G. Augusto

I always thought that we needed a bathroom attendant.

rowjimmy

Quote from: G. Augusto on July 04, 2009, 08:41:56 AM

I don't like the idea of tipping someone after I pee.

blatboom

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 04, 2009, 10:46:57 AM

Quote from: blatboom on May 07, 2008, 10:13:29 PM
just found the 'previous' button.  :lol:

my new fave:

IGNORE THE BATHROOM ATTENDANT

And a $20 for you, good sir.

sls.stormyrider

when you get to be my age, sometimes you can use the help
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on July 04, 2009, 09:30:50 PM

when you get to be my age, sometimes you can use the help

:clap:

guyforget

-AD_

rowjimmy

blatboom

guyforget

-AD_

rickjamesstjames

Is there a history of the 'paug page. I keep hearing about how some things grew out of Further.net chats and it would be interesting to see how all of this evolved.

Thanks
Quote from: phan003 on June 24, 2007, 10:57:21 PM
sweet lecture.  I suppose he should dose the fucker too?  :roll:

kellerb

Quote from: rickjamesstjames on July 14, 2009, 03:05:43 PM
Is there a history of the 'paug page. I keep hearing about how some things grew out of Further.net chats and it would be interesting to see how all of this evolved.

Thanks

Some things can't be un-seen.

mattstick