News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Claypool

Started by Casey Lenahan, March 19, 2007, 05:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

i've always thought frog brigade was one of his best projects.  never seen them live.  will go if i'm in town and tix are still available...

https://jambands.com/news/2023/01/31/les-claypools-fearless-flying-frog-brigade-announce-return-with-41-date-summer-tour/

mistercharlie

Damnit, no Indy show. I saw so many good Frog Brigade shows in the early aught's.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Pretty stoked for this - plus the Remain in Light band is opening the Austin show. Will rage this hard! 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

pcr3

I don't think I've ever been the same after seeing the Flying Frog Brigade cover Pink Floyd Animals at the Somerville Theater 20+ years ago.  Might need to check this out when they come to Boston...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

cactusfan

Yep. When I saw them do Animals in late 2000, they fully stomped my head into pieces. Over the next two years, Frog Brigade shows became, I thought, less inspired. But presumably they're all fired up again. And this is something of a new band, too. I only wish the Remain in Light show was opening up in California, for some reason those punks are touring the entire country except the SF bay area. Argh!

anthrax

Buried in the announcement was the note they will be covering Animals in its entirety at these shows!

Superfreakie

Snagged my pre-sale tix for the Boston show earlier today. The Animals set they did last time they toured (still pumped to see, but would have liked to see another PF album).
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mistercharlie

Sean Lennon is a great guitar player, but I loved Enor! The Brigade won't be the same without him.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

cactusfan

Saw the Frog Brigade last night.
Great show.
Recommended.
It was indeed slightly not the same without the oddness of Eenor, and sadder still, Skerik is out with an injury and is missing some number of shows. He was missed. And yet...
The band still smoked. Animals was wonderful.

Superfreakie

Quote from: cactusfan on May 20, 2023, 12:47:04 PMSaw the Frog Brigade last night.
Great show.
Recommended.
It was indeed slightly not the same without the oddness of Eenor, and sadder still, Skerik is out with an injury and is missing some number of shows. He was missed. And yet...
The band still smoked. Animals was wonderful.

Awesome. PCR and I are going in a couple weeks here in Boston. Super pumped.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.