News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Curveball - 08/17-19/18 Watkins Glen

Started by runawayjimbo, February 26, 2018, 02:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 19, 2018, 04:25:04 PM
I've been trying to think of anything that felt like this before and the closest I can come is when the Dead had to cancel the second night of Deer Creek '95. But even that is nothing compared to the scope of this cancellation. A single show after getting one is nowhere near as tragic as canceling a Festival on the day it starts.  I couldn't even imagine how I would be feeling right now if I had been there. I'm super bummed, and I was only going to be watching the sets on TV.

Fyrefest is the only thing I can think of that tops this in sheer amount of scope and sucktitude.

At least at Conventry the show went on (kinda). 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

shoreline99

All I know is that I'm not missing the next festival, wherever it may be. I was totally bummed to be missing this one, and was bummed to be missing the paug crew and other phriends after such a great time at Magnaball.

Here's hoping for a great take two.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

khalpin

Quote from: shoreline99 on August 19, 2018, 05:50:09 PM
All I know is that I'm not missing the next festival, wherever it may be. I was totally bummed to be missing this one, and was bummed to be missing the paug crew and other phriends after such a great time at Magnaball.

Cancel any plans for next August.

shoreline99

Next year it will be with my two oldest in tow.

August

So, let's just give props to the best fans in the world.
Could you imagine other fanbases in the same situation?
Think there would be riots, violence, looting?
Phish fans were all "shit, now we gotta do all these drugs in one night. Hold my beer."

Kudos.

antelope19

This, except Superball instead of Magna.

The move killed all chances of Phish this summer/fall.

Next summer is going to be Epcot!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

antelope19

Quote from: August on August 19, 2018, 06:42:58 PM
Phish fans were all "shit, now we gotta do all these drugs in one night. Hold my beer."

Kudos.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

But ser....a lot of truth to your statement.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VA $l!m

Quote from: August on August 19, 2018, 06:42:58 PM

Kudos.
very true
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mattstick

Legit surprised there was no impromptu gig on livephish.com or streamed wherever...

mistercharlie

Quote from: mattstick on August 19, 2018, 07:06:02 PM

Legit surprised there was no impromptu gig on livephish.com or streamed wherever...

So am I. I thought for sure Freeball was going to happen with an unannounced set broadcast for free.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

shoreline99

Quote from: antelope19 on August 19, 2018, 06:43:59 PM

This, except Superball instead of Magna.

The move killed all chances of Phish this summer/fall.

Next summer is going to be Epcot!

Speaking of Epcot. 9/24-26

ytowndan

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 19, 2018, 08:15:13 PM

So am I. I thought for sure Freeball was going to happen with an unannounced set broadcast for free.

My thinking is that maybe they figured the people that got screwed over the most, the people this free stream would really be for, would be busy traveling back home over the weekend.  So if it is something they proposed to each other, maybe it won't be until this coming weekend? 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

Quote from: ytowndan on August 19, 2018, 08:36:38 PM

My thinking is that maybe they figured the people that got screwed over the most, the people this free stream would really be for, would be busy traveling back home over the weekend.  So if it is something they proposed to each other, maybe it won't be until this coming weekend?
That makes a lot of sense. I hope it happens.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 19, 2018, 08:45:46 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on August 19, 2018, 08:36:38 PM

That makes a lot of sense. I hope it happens.
You and a couple hundred thousand people.

mbw

I saw a few instagram posts of a crew of Japanese phans (Japhans?) who apparently flew to the states for curveball.  Fuck, that had to suck.