News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Curveball - 08/17-19/18 Watkins Glen

Started by runawayjimbo, February 26, 2018, 02:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 22, 2018, 03:00:43 PM
Honestly don't care about color or prints... I just wanna listen to SS&P on my record player.
Soon.

This.
I remember the day I got it on cassette like it was yesterday.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

tet

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 22, 2018, 03:18:07 PM
Honestly don't care about color or prints... I just wanna listen to SS&P on my record player.
Soon.

This.

are those things real??  NEIN!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

westcider

SS&P, and specifically Mike's, is what really sank the hook for me (pun intended).  my brother has a wristband and is going to Dick's, I hope I end up with that vinyl somehow, plus a second copy to gift to the right person somewhere down the line.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Soon.

This.

Yes! All of this!
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

mistercharlie

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on August 22, 2018, 07:47:23 PM
Soon.

This.

Yes! All of this!

I remember walking down the raidroad tracks to get to Karma Music about five miles from my house and buying the CD the day it came out. I threw it in my Walkman for the walk home back down the tracks, packed my bat, and had one of the most enjoyable walks of my life!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 22, 2018, 08:10:08 PM
Soon.

This.

Yes! All of this!

I remember walking down the raidroad tracks to get to Karma Music about five miles from my house and buying the CD the day it came out. I threw it in my Walkman for the walk home back down the tracks, packed my bat, and had one of the most enjoyable walks of my life!

It was the first new album of theirs I bought on its release day.  I was still a relatively new fan and I can recall drinking with some friends that night and our little get together turned into a spontaneous SS&P listening party.  Half a dozen young n00bs getting shitfaced and listening to Mike's on repeat!  Good times!   :rockout:
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

Quote from: ytowndan on August 22, 2018, 08:44:57 PM
Soon.

This.

Yes! All of this!

It was the first new album of theirs I bought on its release day.  I was still a relatively new fan and I can recall drinking with some friends that night and our little get together turned into a spontaneous SS&P listening party.  Half a dozen young n00bs getting shitfaced and listening to Mike's on repeat!  Good times!   :rockout:

I had been a fan for years but other than A Live One, this was the only other official live release at the time and the sound blew away every XLII Tape I had.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 22, 2018, 08:47:22 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on August 22, 2018, 08:44:57 PM
Soon.

This.

Yes! All of this!

I had been a fan for years but other than A Live One, this was the only other official live release at the time and the sound blew away every XLII Tape I had.

i kinda miss the days of going to the music store on the release days.  that first listen was always amazing, and this release was no exception.

PIE-GUY

When SSP came out, I had just returned to the states from a year in Asia. I was at a Best Buy the minute they opened to grab it on my way to an early dentist appointment.

I remember having this realization the first time I heard the "Indians lying on dawn's highway breathing" segment that Jim Morrison was so filled with bullshit melodrama he sounded like a complete douchebag I could never take seriously... but Trey just sounded like a fucking tool... and a tool I can relate to. I'm a fucking tool.

And even in the depths of my acid days, I still just kinda dorked out on dumb shit. It was never that fucking deep mystical shit the Doors claimed to be after. Sure, it was internal and it affected me and changed my perspective on the world around me and all of that, but it was always a big cosmic joke. Life is just a bundle of joy. Surrender to the flow. David Bowie UB40. Boy Man God Shit.

The whole adventure is into absurdity not any kind of depth... and this segment of parroting, even mocking, Jim Morrison and his bullshit depth somehow crystalised the whole thing for me.

Plus, musically, this was a completely different band than the one I last saw at Clifford Ball... and I could not fucking wait to see them again. My next show was 12/29/97 - still one of my all-time favorites.

/old guy rant
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

shoreline99

OK, I know it's not right, but... I still snickered a little...

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

gah

^^^  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mbw

emay

Curveball store is up. No SSP. Posters are through a request on Monday

QuoteWe have three LE Curveball posters (Jim Pollock, Kathleen Neeley, and YourCinema) that will be available Monday via a poster request system for fair distribution. All Curveball ticket holders will receive an email with a code on Monday. Poster requests will be randomly selected and processed later next week.

giving me a 403 error when I try to post the link. but its in the email from Phish cust service

mistercharlie

Quote from: emay on August 24, 2018, 03:54:03 PM
Curveball store is up. No SSP. Posters are through a request on Monday

QuoteWe have three LE Curveball posters (Jim Pollock, Kathleen Neeley, and YourCinema) that will be available Monday via a poster request system for fair distribution. All Curveball ticket holders will receive an email with a code on Monday. Poster requests will be randomly selected and processed later next week.

giving me a 403 error when I try to post the link. but its in the email from Phish cust service

The no SSP bums me out. I really want it soon. And I don't really care for any of those items in the shop, except maybe the brown "killer acid" shirt.

August