News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

just started getting into 'STEEP'
the snow boarding (and skiing) controls have a great realistic  and intuitive  feel similar to 'SKATE'.
i definitely recommend checking it out if your looking for a laid back sim feel  mountain sports experience.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Tomapella

Quote from: VA $l!m on January 01, 2017, 07:28:11 PM
just started getting into 'STEEP'
the snow boarding (and skiing) controls have a great realistic  and intuitive  feel similar to 'SKATE'.
i definitely recommend checking it out if your looking for a laid back sim feel  mountain sports experience.

I've heard good things about it and I was a huge fan of 1080 Snowboarding back in the day, gonna have to check it out. I've been playing Final Fantasy XV lately and I'm loving it. It's like if you took GTA gameplay and put it into a fantasy setting, and if you've played other games in the FF series there are a ton of callbacks that are a lot of fun to see. Really good music, too :-)

VA $l!m

'Mass Effect andromeda' finallt got release date 3.21.16
-im prob pickin that up.

next month , 2.14- 'For Honor' is the game im lookin to try. hopin to get in the beta this month.

Lifeboy

Quote from: VA $l!m on January 05, 2017, 04:20:38 PM
'Mass Effect andromeda' finallt got release date 3.21.16
-im prob pickin that up.

next month , 2.14- 'For Honor' is the game im lookin to try. hopin to get in the beta this month.

SOOOO excited for this.

ME is one of, if not my #1 favorite franchise. Amazing games.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Lifeboy

I'm back on my Dayz kick. Just got accepted into a RP whitelist server. Looking forward to that this weekend.

Curious to see how different the game will be once it comes out on PS4 (its still in alpha). Dayz is definitely THE game for zombie/survival/PvP fans. Its a perfect game for me, and again, its only in alpha.

I'm also back to playing Arma 3 (dayz started as a mod for Arma 2), and this mod called 'Altis Life'... It's basically a life sim, but so awesome. You can do anything from being an apple farmer to being a heroin kingpin. You can be a cop too, but there is a process to be whitelisted.

A buddy and I are going back and forth between deep-sea turtle hunting and mining copper. Trying to make as much money as possible, and buy some awesome gear. Then, we're planning on going and sniping and robbing people at the heroin processing plant and stealing all their shit.

God, I love PC gaming.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

VA $l!m

- survival games are def  all the rage right now.

alot of people i know are gettin into Ark survival evoled on ps4 which is technically a beta i guess... and there are a ton of people still playing 7 days to die.

i played a ton of the Divisions Survival DLC the last month. love it.

tet

Gotta say, BF1 is really fucking good.  I've tried other BF games before and they just never felt right, so I stuck with Halo/Destiny and other shooters, but the graphics and just overall smooth gameplay on this are sublime.  If you haven't picked this up yet, you're doing it wrong... 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on January 08, 2017, 12:11:37 PM
Gotta say, BF1 is really fucking good.  I've tried other BF games before and they just never felt right, so I stuck with Halo/Destiny and other shooters, but the graphics and just overall smooth gameplay on this are sublime.  If you haven't picked this up yet, you're doing it wrong...
yeah they did a bang up job with that game.
they took alot of the best aspects of previous battlefield games and then wrapped it up in a gorgeous graphical masterpiece. not to mention adding the best campaign they ever did probably.
BFBC2 has long been considered their previous best effort, and there is definitely a similar feel to BF1 - especially with the structure to structure combat and sniping.
- i have a few small gripes - like class/weapon variety and the lack of development of the smaller game modes, but nothing that outweighs the positives by any means.
ITs definitely one of my games i'm most excited to play on my new TV!

i finally got all my research nailed down and ended up bumping up my budget so now should have new set within the next week or so.
they say FEB is the best time to get a good deal  on a set ( besides Black Friday) , right before the new ones come out, but if i hustle the cash sooner i'm jsut goin ahead...i cant wait any longer, lol.

most likely i'm grabbin the 40" 4k Samsung Ku6300 , unless i catch the pricier  40"4k Sonyx80OD on sale.
-both are rated as the top sets in the mid price range for gaming, and both will handle HDR gaming if i end up goign that route int he future, the Sony is much better for HDR but not worth it outside of that.
the Samsung is great entry lvl 4k though and has one of the lowest input lags out there which is fantastic for me since i play alot of MP games.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ku6300

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x800d

VA $l!m

man i wish i had a TB not 500gb drive on my ps4, lol.
its tough deciding what games to keep installed. :?

tet

Quote from: VA $l!m on January 10, 2017, 05:37:46 PM
one of the best parts of the XB1 is the external HD support.  It's SO easy to just store your games on the external (even making that the default for new downloads), and then also just upgrade to a larger size at any time. 
-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on January 10, 2017, 09:29:44 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on January 10, 2017, 05:37:46 PM
one of the best parts of the XB1 is the external HD support.  It's SO easy to just store your games on the external (even making that the default for new downloads), and then also just upgrade to a larger size at any time.
you can paly games fromthe external? thats nice.

i do enjoy psns cloud storage and the library setup for the most part though. beats the old days.
though it would suck hard if i didnt have internet access. TBH gaming on a console w/out internet access these days must be almost impossible.

its not a huge deal, i mean i just have to decide to uninstlall games i dont really play anymore but might once in a blue moon want to.
what i really hate is when u buy a game on disc and still have to download the entire game to your hd. which is one of th ereasons i dont buy games on disc.

other than that i really get screwed by a few massive games like eso i keep installed which is pushing 100gb, lol.
the thing is id rather rotate smaller games than uninstall a big one that i dont really want to have to re dl if i end up wanting to play it.

ive never been a fan of switching the factory drives out though. i dunno, just never liked to fuck with my consoles.
seemed like everyone that i used to know that upgraded their drives always seemed to be the same people whose shit would have problems.
back on ps3 at least.

tet

yup, ps3 let you do it but I've heard of issues too. 

with xb1, you can easily play games right off externals, and it's fast as hell.  in fact, faster than the factory drive, even using a standard HD - meaning you can load games faster off the externals than internal.  some people try out hybrid or straight-up SSD externals for more speed, but most tests have shown that to be a waste of money - it may transfer things faster between internal and external that way, but the games don't generally load any faster off SSD than a regular HD.
-Phish

VA $l!m

so picked up the tv today, w00t!
still trying to get it calibrated...
but omg im raping @ battlefield now, lol.
the input lag is so unbelievably low. i didnt think it would be this noticebale but it is.
not to mention if i understand things corrctly i was playing @ 30fps before and 60 now? 
regardless, shit feels like easy mode now, lol.

VA $l!m

well, im in a bit of a quandry now... im considering returning and getting a different tv.
the quality of the set is fantastic, but after a week of watching tv, movies and playing games i'm having a real hard time getting used to the upscaling effects.
-Gaming Especially can just get really blurry or grainy textures that bug me because i end up having to squint alot to focus.
same goes for lower resolution content like cable tv for the most part.

ugh, im really torn on what to do about this.
one of the reasons i went ahead and went for the 4k wasnt really for the hdr abilities but b/c there arent really quality 1080p options thanks to the marketing of the industry...
I'd hate to return this set and grab a 1080p that isnt good enough.
fucking pickle created by  a tech. gap. Basically a bad time to be looking for a set.

ph92

Quote from: VA $l!m on January 19, 2017, 06:51:50 PM
well, im in a bit of a quandry now... im considering returning and getting a different tv.
the quality of the set is fantastic, but after a week of watching tv, movies and playing games i'm having a real hard time getting used to the upscaling effects.
-Gaming Especially can just get really blurry or grainy textures that bug me because i end up having to squint alot to focus.
same goes for lower resolution content like cable tv for the most part.

ugh, im really torn on what to do about this.
one of the reasons i went ahead and went for the 4k wasnt really for the hdr abilities but b/c there arent really quality 1080p options thanks to the marketing of the industry...
I'd hate to return this set and grab a 1080p that isnt good enough.
fucking pickle created by  a tech. gap. Basically a bad time to be looking for a set.
Upscaling is soooo strange looking. It's *TOO* real. I kinda hate it.

But I'm looking for a new monitor for my PC at home.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH