News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

they should at least tell you when they are taking the show off the netflix streaming......if they dont already

rowjimmy

Quote from: PG on June 21, 2013, 02:20:40 PM
I don't know why you're getting defensive about this. I understand the contract negotiations and such... But it's simply bad customer service to have something one week and have it gone the next.... And they have gone From being a company with stellar customer service (I was an early adopter) to one where the customer comes last.

Pretty sure you are the one swearing about a cheap service that offers a shitton of content for next to nothing per month.

Also, this is the Netflix recommendation thread.

Recommend something.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 21, 2013, 03:22:17 PM
Quote from: PG on June 21, 2013, 02:20:40 PM
I don't know why you're getting defensive about this. I understand the contract negotiations and such... But it's simply bad customer service to have something one week and have it gone the next.... And they have gone From being a company with stellar customer service (I was an early adopter) to one where the customer comes last.

Pretty sure you are the one swearing about a cheap service that offers a shitton of content for next to nothing per month.

Also, this is the Netflix recommendation thread.

Recommend something.

I may have already recommended this earlier in this thread, but if you haven't seen Klown you really should. Not with the kids, though.  It's for adults only. Funniest film I've seen since the Aristocrats.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

The real problem with Netflix is not finding things worth watching, it's finding the time to watch them. I have shit that's been sitting in my queue for years.
Is this still Wombat?

Hicks

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on June 22, 2013, 11:48:02 AM
The real problem with Netflix is not finding things worth watching, it's finding the time to watch them. I have shit that's been sitting in my queue for years.

True fucking dat.   

Netflix loves me, I recently sat on a disc rental for a month and a half.

/imasucker
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

VDB

Loving Archer.

I didn't and still don't watch it on FX (had no clue it existed) but there are 3 seasons on Netflix, and each episode is mostly self-contained so you can jump around and watch at leisure.
Is this still Wombat?

Mr. Natural

REINCARNATED

Say what you want about the credibility of Snoop claiming to turn Rasta, the movie is pretty good. It's got a lot of cool moments: Snoop is welcomed by a grade-school orchestra playing local music, and freestyles over/with it; Bunny Wailer; Snoop's insistence that there be no rapping on this album. The editing is really good - props to VICE magazine's film division. I read the Rolling Stone article in last month's issue and it's hard not to agree with it; but it's also hard to 'gauge' another person's spiritual transformation. Suffice to say, I like stories of spiritual transformation and I will gladly watch anything filmed in Jamaica.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

sophist

Orange is the new black. 

Shit's awesome.  Darkly funny, well written, and lots of lesbian sex scenes. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Mr. Natural

"Ginger Baker in Africa"

Ho.
Lee.
Shit.
When I looked at the 'cover'* and imagined what the perfect documentary for me would be - that's exactly what it was. 8mm film, cacophonous sessions with local musicians, dotted on-screen map following his trail, GB reading his travel poetry over the music he recorded there during the car-driving-through-the-desert shots. He basically makes a 3-country drive, from Algeria south into Niger and then Nigeria where he meets up with Fela - playing and recording all along the way. This is 1971.

* That's kind of a funny word to use when describing a Netflix thumbnail.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

rowjimmy

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 31, 2013, 10:31:06 AM
Must see that.

indeed - you also must see "Beware of Mr. Baker." Serious!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

runawaytimj

This is one of those very frustrating but informative documentaries to watch.  It came out on PBS around the same time a similar documentary was out, "Citizen Koch", which David Koch tried successfully to keep from airing.  It basically reiterates a lot of what we already know about income inequality in the U.S. and fills in some gaps that some may not already know. (myself included)

barnesy305

Quote from: PG on July 31, 2013, 10:33:57 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 31, 2013, 10:31:06 AM
Must see that.

indeed - you also must see "Beware of Mr. Baker." Serious!

Just seeing this...I want to see both very badly.

Insert Beer

Quote from: sophist on July 22, 2013, 01:28:46 PM
Orange is the new black. 

Shit's awesome.  Darkly funny, well written, and lots of lesbian sex scenes.

I just came in here to rave about this show.  I heard everything from "Its a waste of time" to "How the fuck haven't you seen this?".  Then I went and watched it and its absolutely hilarious.  Its very female-centric but don't let that steer you away...because I can't stop watching it.

Also...lesbian sex scenes.