News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on November 27, 2013, 01:20:07 AM
This is a good

http://m.imgur.com/a/jvGAZ

That is a good. Will check some of those out. Tonight I watched the Year of the Horse on Netflix.  Fucking money. I love Crazy Horse. It's funny, I look back and remember that I've seen Crazy Horse twice. I often forget that I've seen Neil Young more than that because I feel like the two Crazy Horse snows were the only times I really saw him. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

khalpin

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on November 27, 2013, 01:20:07 AM
This is a good

http://m.imgur.com/a/jvGAZ
I loved Jiro Dreams of Sushi.  But holy shit, did I have an insatiable craving for sashimi by the time it was over.  Senna was really good, too.

Poster Nutbag

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 30, 2013, 07:45:06 AM
Quote from: mattstick on May 29, 2013, 09:52:00 PM
Ever heard of "The Godfather"? It might be on Netflix and I think they made a sequel or something.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Just discovering Trainspotting is downright hilarious! If you like it there's a little known movie you might dig.. I think it was called Pulp Fiction, or something like that.

Check out The Acid House next.. Both were written by Irvine Welsh. The Acid House is a collection of three short stories that are absolutely funky nasty trippy hilarious..
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on October 17, 2013, 07:59:07 AM
Started watching last Friday, will finish last episode tonight. I love binge watching.

My new plan is to binge watch House Of Cards then The Wire, then get caught up on anything that's aired this year.

Just finished House of Cards tonight. Finished the series in less than a week! Highly recommended!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Thrillhouse

Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

mattstick

Heather and I just powered through 3 seasons of "Happy Endings". 

Good 30 minute sitcom, Damon Wayans Jr is hilarious and steals the show.

Thrillhouse

The snow in we just had gave me a chance to check out orange is the new black.

There is so much I love about this show but at the same times feel like there is a lot of nonsense that is put I for the sole reason of being put in (because it's not cable and has no censor really)

Overall it's fantastic. I guess house of cards is next.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

susep

saw this last night with the wifey, riveting.  A lot of this stuff I already know about as I'm sure some if not most of you do as well.  it was nice to have those ideas cemented in this documentary.  def check it out!

McGrupp

I'm obviously like... 3-4 years late to the party on this one, but a couple weeks ago I (finally) got into parks and rec and haven't been able to stop watching it.

It's like The Office if The Office were funny.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mbw

Quote from: McGrupp on January 09, 2014, 06:40:08 PM
I'm obviously like... 3-4 years late to the party on this one, but a couple weeks ago I (finally) got into parks and rec and haven't been able to stop watching it.

ha.  we just started watching this too. 

Insert Beer

I honestly think you're the first person I've witness hate on The Office.  Ok, maybe you're not hating on it but you at least dislike it somewhat.  I think I cried during the final episode I loved that show so much.  I also grew up in Scranton, PA so maybe I'm a little biased.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

McGrupp

Quote from: Hicks on January 09, 2014, 08:11:58 PM

awesome
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?