News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ph92

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 05, 2017, 12:45:10 PM
Stay classy fellas
I refuse

She's a ghetto girl, she says it herself. There's no class there (besides well below poverty)
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

PIE-GUY

Quote from: ph92 on January 05, 2017, 01:03:18 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 05, 2017, 12:45:10 PM
Stay classy fellas
I refuse

She's a ghetto girl, she says it herself. There's no class there (besides well below poverty)

her character may be that - but Emmy is all class. Made her name on Broadway in Phantom of the Opera.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

mopper_smurf

Not sure if it's available for you guys across the big pond, but I highly recommend the Big Star documentary Nothing Can Hurt Us.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

kellerb

Quote from: mopper_smurf on February 27, 2017, 12:11:24 PM
Not sure if it's available for you guys across the big pond, but I highly recommend the Big Star documentary Nothing Can Hurt Us.

Over here, we mainly wait for 3 wise men on camels to indicate where our Big Star stuff is located.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: kellerb on February 27, 2017, 01:04:51 PM

Over here, we mainly wait for 3 wise men on camels to indicate where our Big Star stuff is located.

:-D
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

kellerb

Quote from: mopper_smurf on February 27, 2017, 01:54:39 PM
Quote from: kellerb on February 27, 2017, 01:04:51 PM

:-D

We wrote a book about it.  It's called "Why is it weird that white guys are the main characters in this middle east sci-fi book?"

ytowndan

Anyone here watch Schitt's Creek?  It's a CBC comedy that stars Eugene and Daniel Levy, both of whom also created it, along with Catherine O'Hara.  It's about an incredibly out of touch multi-millionaire (maybe billionaire?) family that loses everything and has to adjust to motel life.  It's hilarious and the first two seasons are up on Netflix. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

justjezmund

So for what I thought was going to be just a stupid netflix original sitcom, Santa Clarita Diet was actually I thought was a great watch.  If you haven't I would recommend. Pretty funny, and they only take 30 min.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: justjezmund on March 14, 2017, 10:35:17 AM
So for what I thought was going to be just a stupid netflix original sitcom, Santa Clarita Diet was actually I thought was a great watch.  If you haven't I would recommend. Pretty funny, and they only take 30 min.

Not half bad indeed.

There's a Steve Jobs interview from 1995 that I highly recommend. Vintage nerdery FTW.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Loosely based on the Douglas Adams books. Not great, but weird enough to keep watching it.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

emay

Watched the first of the two new Dave Chappelle netflix specials last night, good stuff. A lot of material was used from the stand up shows I saw in the past two years, but good to see him back out in the mainstream. He is def still on top of his stand up game.

mbw

Accidental Courtesy

Interesting doc about Daryl Davis, a pianist who has played with a who's who of rock legends, who has made it his mission to meet and befriend KKK members.
Ultimately he changes a lot of these peoples minds and converts will often quit and give their robes to Daryl.
Many of course don't quit, but still call him a "good friend."

http://accidentalcourtesy.com/

rowjimmy

Quote from: mopper_smurf on March 22, 2017, 12:45:18 PM

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Loosely based on the Douglas Adams books. Not great, but weird enough to keep watching it.

I thought it tied together quite well in the end. A solid, fresh, story that builds on and allows the books to exist without taking away from them at all.
For US folks, it's not on Netflix (yet) as it aired on BBCAmerica.

khalpin

The other night I finally finished the last episode of Cheers having watched all 11 seasons over the past 6 months or so.  Last night I started up again with episode one.  Yes, I have no life.