News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Album Listened To?

Started by August, May 21, 2006, 02:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

converse29

Robert Plant And The Strange Sensation-Mighty Rearranger

August

Beth Orton
Comfort Of Strangers

i fucking LOVE this album!
definitely her best effort.

a

jonyem

Picked up the Beth Orton a few weeks ago, really great stuff.
It was one of those, why not? buys. Glad we did!

Itsnotanexperience

chilli peppers - stadium arcadium.......or whatever it's called............best record in YEARS.........best record since '92, and maybe even uplift mofo..........shoot me - that there was not a true statement:)   still, great record.

Itsnotanexperience

Quote from: august on May 24, 2006, 09:03:52 PM
no.i missed it.
there was a period, i guess when californication came out, that i really hated anthony kiedis as a singer.i thought he lost it.
but i saw them three summers ago and a performance they taped for fuse yesterdaY, and was quite impressed.
so, i take it all bacK!
they really are still growing after all this time...
a

yeah, i dunno...........everybody HATED the album w/ Dave Navarro, but i felt that record, on the whole, smoked the past 2 peppers records.............saw them, most recently, in '99 and was hugely disappointed...........first show was in '86; 2nd in '89 - small clubs, incredible vibe, great setlists.............but ever since john came back (post-heroin), i just haven't been into their (john's) writing style nearly as much.........but the new record is really, really, good.....

August

i love one hot minute!
i saw a show tht tour and dave ripped it up on his parker fly!

the production of stadium arcadium is awesome.
of course, another rick rubin product, but MUCH bigger in sound.
now that they all think that they are great singers, there are harmonies on almostr every track.even though hes just hitting the same harmonies all over again... :-)

since john's return, the albums have definitely gotten better with each release.

a

Itsnotanexperience

agreed.

Sick production - Rubin is the man.

jam>

Graham Central Station–"Release Yourself"

This is my first time listening to this album. Larry Graham's bass playing on this album is really amazing. This album is an instant funk classic in my book.

fauxpaxfauxreal

I'm just finishing up the Peeping Tom album (thanks Aug for the heads up).

It's alright...but I don't think it's anywhere near the level of genius of Lovage...and I think it sounds too much like N.E.R.D.'s first album (which was alright, but got tired really quickly).

I will say that the Kid Koala track has the tightest beats that I've heard on an album since the first Infesticons album.

shoreline99

Jimmy Buffett - Live at Fenway Park ;)

gettin' ready for the weekend... :banana:  :beers:  :banana:
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Hicks

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 26, 2006, 02:36:27 PM
I'm just finishing up the Peeping Tom album (thanks Aug for the heads up).

It's alright...but I don't think it's anywhere near the level of genius of Lovage...and I think it sounds too much like N.E.R.D.'s first album (which was alright, but got tired really quickly).

I will say that the Kid Koala track has the tightest beats that I've heard on an album since the first Infesticons album.

Heh, I was checking this out too, it's aight, it didn't change my life like I wanted it to though. 

I really dug last year's General Patton vs. the X-ecutioners, we'll see if this one grows on me to match up against that, but yeah Lovage isn't going to be topped anytime soon.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Yeah...and the Norah Jones track gets so much hype, and I was hoping she was going to be Jennifer Charles on lovage nasty (and dissapointingly, she wasn't).

gimmetela

August

Grandaddy-
Just Like The Fambly Cat

hey ikki.....
What happened to the fambly caaaat?

a

Hicks

Quote from: august on May 27, 2006, 02:20:01 PM
Grandaddy-
Just Like The Fambly Cat

hey ikki.....
What happened to the fambly caaaat?

a

Yessss!!  A huge improvement on the too slick (IMO) Sumday.  I haven't listened closely to the lyrics yet, but I suspect another intricate concept album to rival the genius of Sophtware Slump!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.