News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/14 - VWA at Encore Park - Alpharetta, GA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, June 14, 2011, 11:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

06-14-2011
VWA @ Encore Park
Alpharetta, GA

Set I:
Dinner And A Movie, The Moma Dance > Possum, Cities, Fluffhead, Ocelot, Ginseng Sullivan, Kill Devil Falls > Bathtub Gin, Light Up Or Leave Me Alone > Cavern

Set II:
Carini > Sand -> Down With Disease -> Maze, Meatstick > 2001 > Bug -> A Day In The Life, Run Like An Antelope

Encore:
Quinn The Eskimo
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

fauxpaxfauxreal

danje

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Caravan2001

I thought it had some good parts.  Nothing insane, but solid.  Stoked for tomorrow, they're gonna kick it up a notch...

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

mbw

Alumni

1st set > expectations > 2nd set

Maze was cool, though. Probably get a meatier 2nd set tomorrow. Too bad it's up against game 7.
Cause I got a degree

Thrillhouse

Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

whatapiper

wish i was around to watch the stream tomorrow, can barely justify the expense let alone just catching the 2nd set...
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Dyke van Dick

redrum

---

redrum

i wasnt around for the lst but anyone notice that moma, possum, cities was the exact same slots as mansfield 7 days ago?

---

PIE-GUY

Walkout music was "Video Killed the Radio Star"

Shoutout to the home viewers or commentary on the state of the band?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

McGrupp

I know this is weird, but there was some sort of run or something Trey did in that Ocelot that was awesome.

Bet everyone was psyched to hear ginseng. Love that song.

Gin sounded pretty cool. Trey was playing fast, lots of notes, and mike and fish were super locked in. Seemed very energetic, although pretty standard in the grand scheme of things. Light up had a really cool start to the jam, some good layering going on in there. Will def re-listen to that.

So many weird repeats in the 2nd set from this tour. Carini again? Sand jam started off cool and kinda quiet but turned standard. Nice little jam in DWD but nothing mindblowing popped out to my ears, other than some sweet cowbell from Fish.

Maze had pretty awesome pay-jorgan. Meatstick again?  :| Antelope again? So soon?

Didn't really like the 2nd set, but the boys seemed pretty pumped. Also got a call from WTU at setbreak and he said the crowd was REALLY wild. The south'd! Made me start to reconsider my decision to not go to charlotte even more. Oh and WTU seemed to really enjoy that first set.... like a lot.... he was all  :wtu:

Overall, I think if the energy stays high tomorrow night, we're in for a better show.

Pretty psyched to see at least 2-3 shows below the mason/dixon line... should be fun...
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?