News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

I AM A NEW FORUM MEMBER...HOW DO I DOWNLOAD/UPLOAD SHOWS?

Started by Freemasonscrank, May 14, 2010, 01:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemasonscrank

Someone please email me and let me know what to do...3-4 years ago, my ex girlfriend totally took all my phish tapes and cds! Since then I have merely listened online to streaming, praying for the day that Phish got back together...and now they have! but of course every show for the next ten years is sold out. on top of that, i am now married and have a baby. She is a Widespread fan, and so i have been going to those shows occasionally for the last couple years. They have some beautiful soulful psychadelic southern rock, and mr. herring plays a mean guitar...but i hate the crowd and honestly nobody has the majestic compositions that phish has, and trey woops jimi herring cuz Trey knows how to get funky, and also doesnt just play heavy metal riffs to every song like jimi herring does. Ive been listening to phish since 1995 when i was a freshman in highschool...Since i cant get tickets for a show, and since i have lost my old trading contacts, I really just need someone to point the way for me to go and either start downloading shows from online to my computer, or I need to find a phriendly phan who will let me send blank cd-r to burn shows...as for livephish.com, well they can go ahead and charge people...thats fine. but ever since i started listening to phish I was able to get tapes or cds of live shows for free and to me this was one of the things that made being a fan the most rewarding and fun. Sharing is the way. can anyone help a mucially broke friend start a collection again? :? :phish:
Jon "I'd like to cut your head off, so I can weigh it..whatdya say?" Thompson

Lifeboy

Quote from: Freemasonscrank on May 14, 2010, 01:49:49 AM
Someone please email me and let me know what to do...3-4 years ago, my ex girlfriend totally took all my phish tapes and cds! Since then I have merely listened online to streaming, praying for the day that Phish got back together...and now they have! but of course every show for the next ten years is sold out. on top of that, i am now married and have a baby. She is a Widespread fan, and so i have been going to those shows occasionally for the last couple years. They have some beautiful soulful psychadelic southern rock, and mr. herring plays a mean guitar...but i hate the crowd and honestly nobody has the majestic compositions that phish has, and trey woops jimi herring cuz Trey knows how to get funky, and also doesnt just play heavy metal riffs to every song like jimi herring does. Ive been listening to phish since 1995 when i was a freshman in highschool...Since i cant get tickets for a show, and since i have lost my old trading contacts, I really just need someone to point the way for me to go and either start downloading shows from online to my computer, or I need to find a phriendly phan who will let me send blank cd-r to burn shows...as for livephish.com, well they can go ahead and charge people...thats fine. but ever since i started listening to phish I was able to get tapes or cds of live shows for free and to me this was one of the things that made being a fan the most rewarding and fun. Sharing is the way. can anyone help a mucially broke friend start a collection again? :? :phish:

That's defnitely not the case. Most tix are pretty easy to obtain.

I'll send you a PM about how to get shows via torrents, or you can go the easy route and download mp3's, if you don't mind listening to mostly audience recordings, that is.

Oh btw, Welcome!!
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Superfreakie

I and a few others here can help. You have two options, which you have mentioned: to download via bittorrent or to do a B&P (blanks and postage) trade with one of us. But you need to clarify the following:

1) Downloading. Most music downloading now occurs through bittorrent, with the medium traded being flac files (shn files in the past). First, do you know what bittorrent is? If you don't, send me a private message here at the 'paug and I will walk you through bittorrent. If you do, the site you want is bt.etree.org Currently there is a 1994 project going on. Also you can come here to the paug for reseeds to the shows that are no longer being seeded.

2) Trading CDs. Well, not sure how your funds are, seeing as you have just had a child and all, but with the price of external hard drives (read:really cheap) here at the 'paug we have been filling hard drives for people like yourself. As you might imagine, you have come to the right place for Phish tunes and many of us hear have complete collections (yes, nearly every source for every show ever played). Are we mentally ill? Possibly, but there are worse addictions. That being said, a one terrabyte external drive costs under 100$ and would hold close to half of the entire Phish catalog (minus the every man and his dog taping last year; to counter this most have kept their 2009 at two sources per show, it's pretty easy to figure out the two best)   

So the first option will take you some time. The second option will give you a near immediate collection. Your choice. Send me a message about which way you want to go.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Lifeboy

I was going to do the same thing for him, but go ahead.  +k
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Superfreakie

Quote from: Lifeboy on May 14, 2010, 02:13:04 AM

you can get him if you want LB, didn't see your post when I was writing mine. I'm filling a few drives as I write for folks from our "every show in circulation HD" thread. If you want to fill him with a B&P the more the better. jmitchell is filling a couple orders too I believe.     
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Lifeboy

Quote from: Superfreakie on May 14, 2010, 02:16:39 AM
Quote from: Lifeboy on May 14, 2010, 02:13:04 AM

you can get him if you want LB, didn't see your post when I was writing mine. I'm filling a few drives as I write for folks from our "every show in circulation HD" thread. If you want to fill him with a B&P the more the better. jmitchell is filling a couple orders too I believe.   

Yeah I don't mind. I currently don't have any projects going, so I have some free time. Plus, I've only done this once or twice before, so I feel like I owe something to my fellow phans.

WhatstheUse?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but..... Trey doesn't know how to get funky anymore  :|
Bring in the dude!

thatfargone

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 14, 2010, 02:30:06 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but..... Trey doesn't know how to get funky anymore  :|

He knows...shit Phish Funk is the easiest thing this band has EVER done...he just did that already and moved on.  :wink:
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: thatfargone on May 14, 2010, 02:36:33 PM

He knows...shit Phish Funk is the easiest thing this band has EVER done...he just did that already and moved on.  :wink:

Probably true....
Bring in the dude!

willsteele

shit Phish Funk is the easiest thing this band has EVER done...he just did that already and moved on.  :wink:

Easiest?  Maybe.  Dopest?  In my mind - fuck yeah.

If dopest is not a word replace with awesomest.  :P
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

thatfargone

Quote from: willsteele on May 14, 2010, 02:51:29 PM
shit Phish Funk is the easiest thing this band has EVER done...he just did that already and moved on.  :wink:

Easiest?  Maybe.  Dopest?  In my mind - fuck yeah.

If dopest is not a word replace with awesomest.  :P

Oh, easy doesn't mean non-dope by any means.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

mattstick

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

justjezmund

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 14, 2010, 02:38:23 PM

Probably true....
truth hurts :-P we will just have to deal with  :rawk:
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.