News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New LivePhish releases: Sacramento 96 and. . .

Started by Hicks, January 09, 2024, 01:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

khalpin

emay

Pre ordered. 
Pollock print is nice but 75$ eh 

PIE-GUY

Can we talk about why they are selling CDs? I know the Dead sells a shitload of them, but they also put some effort into liner notes and packaging. Phish just drops CDs in cardboard and ships them to people who rip them and share them with cheapos like me on the internet. At least put some fucking effort into this, Phish!!! 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Hicks

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 15, 2024, 03:04:02 PMCan we talk about why they are selling CDs? I know the Dead sells a shitload of them, but they also put some effort into liner notes and packaging. Phish just drops CDs in cardboard and ships them to people who rip them and share them with cheapos like me on the internet. At least put some fucking effort into this, Phish!!!

Yeah it would be nice if they did more than the bare minimum, but CDs are better than no CDs. And I am sure there are plenty of people out there that, like me, that will buy the CDs and will not buy a digital only release. 

But, while we're on the topic, it is a shame that they no longer do the bonus disc in order to entice us into ordering directly. I'm sure as hell not ordering that lulzy Pollock, so Amazon it is. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

I copped the shirt. Had the original back in the day so I felt the need to replace it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Gumbo72203

Quote from: Hicks on February 15, 2024, 04:20:00 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 15, 2024, 03:04:02 PMCan we talk about why they are selling CDs? I know the Dead sells a shitload of them, but they also put some effort into liner notes and packaging. Phish just drops CDs in cardboard and ships them to people who rip them and share them with cheapos like me on the internet. At least put some fucking effort into this, Phish!!!

Yeah it would be nice if they did more than the bare minimum, but CDs are better than no CDs. And I am sure there are plenty of people out there that, like me, that will buy the CDs and will not buy a digital only release. 

But, while we're on the topic, it is a shame that they no longer do the bonus disc in order to entice us into ordering directly. I'm sure as hell not ordering that lulzy Pollock, so Amazon it is. 

Yeah, I will not buy a digital-only release.  I hate that. 

I'm glad they seem to have tamed a touch of the obnoxious Fishman drumming from the Gorge 98 release.  The overheads are still compressed to the gills, but they're at least putting Trey and Page on top where they belong when they are in the spotlight, ie: Divided Sky. 

I just don't understand why they have to change the mixing philosophy.  The original Live Phish cds from that era are absolutely perfect, mix and mastering-wise.  10/31/98 is probably my favorite-sounding live album of all time. 

Either way, more '97 is always welcome.  Sorry if I'm ornery, hernia surgery sucks. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Hicks

Philly 97 sounds great and as we all know, killer shows.

New Phish release on a sunny Saturday, life is good. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

susep

Quote from: Hicks on March 16, 2024, 03:14:57 PMPhilly 97 sounds great and as we all know, killer shows.

New Phish release on a sunny Saturday, life is good. 

Went straight to the post Possum Jam from 12/3 this am, so good.