News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on December 20, 2023, 01:30:06 PMAnd here's the first mock-up of the pressing.

the corners of the sleeve are way too sharp

Gumbo72203

spun my Round Room yesterday.  Trey's voice is super loud during the Pebbles verses but man, it all sounds really good.  Glad i got it. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

PIE-GUY

Valentine's Day starts with a "V"

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Caravan2001

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on February 07, 2024, 04:30:00 PMspun my Round Room yesterday.  Trey's voice is super loud during the Pebbles verses but man, it all sounds really good.  Glad i got it. 

I was a little underwhelmed with the sound quality tbh, sounds muffled to me. I warmed up a little bit to it by the end but it sounded pretty flat to me.  I may have gotten a bad copy.

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on February 14, 2024, 03:51:13 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on February 07, 2024, 04:30:00 PMspun my Round Room yesterday.  Trey's voice is super loud during the Pebbles verses but man, it all sounds really good.  Glad i got it. 

I was a little underwhelmed with the sound quality tbh, sounds muffled to me. I warmed up a little bit to it by the end but it sounded pretty flat to me.  I may have gotten a bad copy.

You didn't get a bad copy, it just doesn't sound very good. Gumbo is high as usual. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

RSD '24 list is out.

After my first scroll through I'm interested in these two:

JGB - Electric On The Eel: June 10th, 1989
GD - Nightfall of Diamonds
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

I see a few I want. 

Parliament - Osmium Deluxe Edition!!! This shit rules!

Talking Heads - Live in 77

North Mississippi All Stars - Shake Hands With Shorty

Dr. John - Gris-Gris Gumbo Ya Ya: Singles 1968-1974

PIE-GUY

Listening to Round Room vinyl for the first time - I forgot how great the studio Seven Below is!! 

Caravan2001

The 7 Below jam is really good.  Probably what I enjoyed most (besides title track and Mexican Cousin).

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 10, 2024, 05:14:45 PMThe 7 Below jam is really good.  Probably what I enjoyed most (besides title track and Mexican Cousin).
I love Mexican Cousin. Ask anyone... they'll tell you how much I love it!

Caravan2001

It's the best.  Hope they bring it back sometime.

mbw

Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 11, 2024, 04:55:28 PMIt's the best.  Hope they bring it back sometime.

LTP 07/06/19

WTU? > Mexican Cousin > 2001

what a psychotic segue