News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Yes I have a Mac, where to go from here...

Started by whatapiper, May 23, 2009, 01:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

So I've somehow lost my ability to use HDMI on any TV.  I used to be able to set it up through the display but now my 'arrangement' tab is gone.  So it makes it impossible to sync up with the tv.  Anyone have any idea why this would have happened and how I could get it back?
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

runawayjimbo

Anyone update to Mavericks yet? I just realized I could the other day and I was going to until I got this message. Looks like I'm holding off for a bit.

Dear WD Registered Customer,

As a valued WD customer we want to make you aware of new reports of Western Digital and other external HDD products experiencing data loss when updating to Apple's OS X Mavericks (10.9). WD is urgently investigating these reports and the possible connection to the WD Drive Manager, WD Raid Manager and WD SmartWare software applications. Until the issue is understood and the cause identified, WD strongly urges our customers to uninstall these software applications before updating to OS X Mavericks (10.9), or delay upgrading. If you have already upgraded to Mavericks, WD recommends that you remove these applications and restart your computer.

The WD Drive Manager, WD Raid Manager, and WD SmartWare software applications are not new and have been available from WD for many years, however solely as a precaution WD has removed these applications from our website as we investigate this issue. .

Sincerely,
Western Digital
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 30, 2013, 12:48:22 PM
So I've somehow lost my ability to use HDMI on any TV.  I used to be able to set it up through the display but now my 'arrangement' tab is gone.  So it makes it impossible to sync up with the tv.  Anyone have any idea why this would have happened and how I could get it back?

So I take it nobody has ever experienced this.
Netflix is getting pretty annoying on my Macbook.  :|
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

I doubt there is a systems prefs settings to disable the output.

Could be a cable issue? TV input problem? MacBook output?

Does your MacBook support Airplay? Maybe it's time to buy an Apple TV and go wireless?

VDB

Word on the street is Mavericks is also causing problems with Apple Mail.
Is this still Wombat?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on October 31, 2013, 08:55:59 AM

What's that? The Apple mail client? People actually use that?
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on October 31, 2013, 08:25:35 AM
I doubt there is a systems prefs settings to disable the output.

Could be a cable issue? TV input problem? MacBook output?

Does your MacBook support Airplay? Maybe it's time to buy an Apple TV and go wireless?

I've tried different cables, same problem.  Tried different tvs, same.
It could be my hardware on the Mac is my only conclusion at this point.
And the Apple tv is a no brainer, just been trying to get my wife on board, she likes her cable.

mattstick

Cancel cable TV, buy an Apple TV, download everything off Icefilms, profit?

VDB

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 31, 2013, 09:20:05 AM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on October 31, 2013, 08:55:59 AM

What's that? The Apple mail client? People actually use that?

That's what I put people on here where I work. Outlook doesn't play well with others.

I don't use Apple Mail for personal accounts, however.
Is this still Wombat?

sls.stormyrider

I've heard the same thing about apple mail and mavericks. I was going to wait a few weeks until the dust settles before upgrading.

I use it, at home - we have 3 accounts on it, it works well
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

VDB

With the departure of our designer here at work, I took the opportunity to grab the huge Thunderbolt display and also finally upgrade my company-issue MBP, which I had been using since spring 2009. Now I'm on a mid-2012 model with better specs and am trying Mavericks for the first time. I had deliberately been avoiding OS upgrades (with the exception of a little-used MB at home) because there were certain things about M/Lion I didn't like and I was happy with Snow Leopard. But so far I'm digging Mavericks.
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

I got a new Macbook Air and iPad Air at work today, it's like Christmas.

VDB

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on March 11, 2014, 12:29:27 PM
so far I'm digging Mavericks.

Except for the fact that search in Mail is not working.  :x
Is this still Wombat?

tet

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on March 11, 2014, 04:38:34 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on March 11, 2014, 12:29:27 PM
so far I'm digging Mavericks.

Except for the fact that search in Mail is not working.  :x

for me, Mail has improved dramatically with 10.9.1 and now 10.9.2, especially with Gmail
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish