News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

05/31 - Fenway Park - Boston, MA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by VA $l!m, May 31, 2009, 11:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 01, 2009, 10:40:55 AM
Sls, you blocked out the Velvet Sea?

Quote from: slslbs on June 01, 2009, 09:35:21 AM
if you're at a Mexican restaurant, and see a drink that has beer and chile powder, do NOT order it
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

thechad

Really surprised that there isn't anything from this show up on etree yet.  I'm not complaining in anyway, I've already got it to listen to and the SBD's are up at LP so it's out there for people right now if they want it and I didn't expect the super-fast turn around time that we had for Hampton, but I did think that at least one pull would have been up by now.  I'm sure that by the time I get home from work tonight there will be 5-10 posted.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

sophist

My thoughts on Set I:

I felt they came out strong.  Sample as an opener is solid in my opinion, and you hear the crowd really get into in once Trey's solo starts.  The DWD is def the highlight of the first set to me.  The Ocelot was cool too, I dig this song.  Destiny is rocking and brings some energy to the end of the set. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 01, 2009, 10:40:55 AM
Sls, you blocked out the Velvet Sea?

LOL
actually, I like that tune, in particular trey's solo at the end. I was enjoying it until security came over and was yelling at the guy in front of me for smoking a j, and couldn't hear too much.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Kid in the Corner

Quote from: Sophist on June 01, 2009, 10:55:31 AM
My thoughts on Set I:

Sample as an opener is solid in my opinion, and you hear the crowd really get into in once Trey's solo starts.  

That is when sun came out.  It couldn't have been more perfect and it gives me chills thinking about it :clap:  

whatapiper

Christ, i had some personal stuff going on last night so i couldnt get to the setlist until 9:30 west coast time and holy shit!     destiny first and curtis lowe 2nd!  pretty ironic caravan that you were talking about the destiny and my one reference was the curtis lowe Big Cypress soundcheck, pretty f-in rediculous, i just hope they save some jewels for all the shows! looks like just about every show has had a nice rare or somewhat rare song.

To the show, just listened to Sample and the energy is raging from what I hear, Trey sounds ON

Moma so far is tight, mike as always killing it....

so what have i missed, what was the overall feel, are we in for a nasty summer?  I'm trying not to skip through the songs.....yet.

and what about the show being up hours after the show!  When i checked the setlist at 9:30 west coast time the show was ready for D/L already, amazing
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: whatapiper on June 01, 2009, 11:24:28 AM
Christ, i had some personal stuff going on last night so i couldnt get to the setlist until 9:30 west coast time and holy shit!     destiny first and curtis lowe 2nd!  pretty ironic caravan that you were talking about the destiny and my one reference was the curtis lowe Big Cypress soundcheck, pretty f-in rediculous, i just hope they save some jewels for all the shows! looks like just about every show has had a nice rare or somewhat rare song.

To the show, just listened to Sample and the energy is raging from what I hear, Trey sounds ON

Moma so far is tight, mike as always killing it....

so what have i missed, what was the overall feel, are we in for a nasty summer?  I'm trying not to skip through the songs.....yet.

and what about the show being up hours after the show!  When i checked the setlist at 9:30 west coast time the show was ready for D/L already, amazing

yeah, I think it's gonna be great
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

drvinestein

Newsflash!

I fucking love Ocelot.

That is all.  :banana:

I did the lyrics in case y'all need them on your ipods:

Ocelot, ocelot where have you gone?
Morning is over and noon slouches on

Your stripes will all fade in the poisonous day
When you see the sunlight move out of the way

Chorus:
You prance with the beasts who parade every night
And silently slouch throught the forest by light
Don't be the only one left on the block
Compiling the herd and float with the flock

Ocelot, ocelot where are you now?
You never listened to me anyhow

You wandered and ambled you walk now you run
Knowing you'll bake like a snake in the sun

CHORUS 2x

Ocelot, ocelot where are you now? (Won't you come out to play?)

blatboom

Quote from: whatapiper on June 01, 2009, 11:24:28 AM
 pretty ironic caravan that you were talking about the destiny and my one reference was the curtis lowe Big Cypress soundcheck, pretty f-in rediculous,

I remember that.  crazy.

whatapiper

so far Trey just hammering out his notes, reminds me of early ninety's.    Very tight, moma very short but to the point, i hope they start to extend some of these jams, after PH #1 they were much more loose, the hampton chalkdust from 03 had more jam appeal than the last two but man trey is tight right now!

So again, im waiting for extended heat but if shorter, tighter songs are how they slowly build up to the band they once were then by all means...last PH the jams seemed forced quite a bit and resulted in a lot of sloppy shows, this doesnt look like even a thought at this point.

just started Ocelot, caravan your right, the intro has a meat quality to it, i like the slow groove it has, almost like a platform ghost has to really build up from out of nowhere, time will tell
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Kid in the Corner

I wanted to get a poster, so I was at the gate when they opened.  I jogged to the nearest merch booth, but it was mobbed and I saw another merch booth furthur down, so I sprinted to that one and I was probably the 5th or 6th person there.  "Right on", i'm thinking that I am just about to get a poster easily, when the guy next to me uses a credit card(!) and it declines.. .. This takes at least a minute or so and of course by this time there are probably 50 people squashed into the small merch booth area..

then the guy next to me bought ten posters (!)  :| and most people were buying at least two or three.

I didn't get one. 

redrum

Quote from: RIP on June 01, 2009, 11:57:02 AM
then the guy next to me bought ten posters (!) 

WTF?! there wasn't a max amount you could purchase?
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

keeb333

Curtis Lowe was tight!   :clap:

....and so is the YEM!   :banana:

VA $l!m

i f-ed up and put the wrong unfinished DL on my ipod lasxt nite while i was wasted passin out...
so just gettin to this  this mornin post small hangover.

up to moma. IMO i'm freakin stoked how they sound outta the gate. i REally couldnt expect anything better.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: whatapiper on June 01, 2009, 11:40:02 AM
so far Trey just hammering out his notes, reminds me of early ninety's.    Very tight, moma very short but to the point, i hope they start to extend some of these jams, after PH #1 they were much more loose, the hampton chalkdust from 03 had more jam appeal than the last two but man trey is tight right now!

So again, im waiting for extended heat but if shorter, tighter songs are how they slowly build up to the band they once were then by all means...last PH the jams seemed forced quite a bit and resulted in a lot of sloppy shows, this doesnt look like even a thought at this point.

just started Ocelot, caravan your right, the intro has a meat quality to it, i like the slow groove it has, almost like a platform ghost has to really build up from out of nowhere, time will tell

yea - from this show and the Hampton d/ls, I'm getting kinda a 93 vibe. I'm not saying this is 93, but it seems to me like they're shooting for a more tight, controlled show.

if you can't tell, I'm pumped.