News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mac Tablet!!! ~ iPad Thread

Started by rowjimmy, July 28, 2009, 12:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

So, are we gonna get a new iphone today too?  Is it christmas in january?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

price is coming!

He says “pundits” said it would be under $1000, which is $999.

$499

rowjimmy

got accessories?

“We will be shipping iPads in 60 days, worldwide availability of Wi-Fi models.” It’ll be another 30 days beyond that for 3G models.

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on January 27, 2010, 02:18:48 PM
So, are we gonna get a new iphone today too?  Is it christmas in january?

skype on yer ipad, bruh.

guyforget

hey look, its an oversized iphone
-AD_

thatfargone

Quote from: mattstick on January 27, 2010, 02:14:37 PM
So people who read eBooks also eat McDonalds, drink Bud Light and smoke schwag?

Stay crunchy brah.

No, but I am suggesting some of us prefer things done a different way than the masses.  Ebooks to me are the equivalent of fast food...instant gratification. Book making is a craft in amongst itself.  Printing is a trade.  These things will not disappear just because a bunch of cool kids want to download the newest genre fiction rag on the subway on the way to their 9-5.

Also I am not hip to all these cool internet memes so, OK cool, crunchy it is!!! :-D
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

rowjimmy

those things will not entirely disappear but mass producing books costs trees dude. 1s and 0s have a lower carbon footprint.

Anyway, if you're not into that stuff, you're in the wrong thread.

mattstick

rowjimmy

rowjimmy

That's it for the event.

Shit. I want one.

MacBook Pro first for me but... Christmas! I'm looking at you!

mbw

this thing looks pretty neat.
i gotta agree though that ebooks can suck it.

postjack

I never thought they'd hit a $499 pricepoint. I am really impressed.

I might have to own it.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

mattstick

rowjimmy

I've been reading books on my iPod Touch for the past year. It's awesome but small.
The iPad fixes that. Add the gaming and a watchable size for video and you've got a serial winner.

guyforget

trees, as much as i love 'em, are renewable.  electricity, in most places, is still highly pollutant.  as well as all of the hazardous stuff that goes into a computer and its batteries, which probably a high percentage of people are still not aware of proper disposal methods.  neither are exactly environmentally sound, but you gotta take the good with the bad. 

but, i cant read online or ebooks.  i get distracted by the grandness of the internet at my fingertips.  i prefer paper books for that reason alone. 

i think iTab is a giant "yawn."
-AD_