News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mac Tablet!!! ~ iPad Thread

Started by rowjimmy, July 28, 2009, 12:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thelot

I just got an iPad 4 for Christmas. Not sure if it's been covered in this thread yet, but I'm looking to broadcast flacs from my WD MyLiveDuo hard drive. I d/l the Wd2go app to link to my hard drive. Now I'm looking for a vlc player app to play flacs. Has anyone done this? What vlc player would you recommend?

antelope19

Apple this morning announced a 128 GB version of the fourth generation iPad – twice the storage of the highest capacity previous version. The new high-capacity iPad goes on sale February 5, in both black and white. The device will be priced at $799 for WiFi only, or $929 for a version that includes both WiFi and cellular network access.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

Quote from: thelot on December 27, 2012, 07:07:39 PM
I just got an iPad 4 for Christmas. Not sure if it's been covered in this thread yet, but I'm looking to broadcast flacs from my WD MyLiveDuo hard drive. I d/l the Wd2go app to link to my hard drive. Now I'm looking for a vlc player app to play flacs. Has anyone done this? What vlc player would you recommend?

It's too bad the actual VLC app disappeared from the App Store.  I still have it, but it's too bad.

nab

Quote from: mattstick on January 29, 2013, 09:29:13 AM
Quote from: thelot on December 27, 2012, 07:07:39 PM

It's too bad the actual VLC app disappeared from the App Store.  I still have it, but it's too bad.

App Store too huh.  This seems to be on VLC's end, as the app isn't available to customers in Canada and the USA for Android either. 

So the VLC app used to be available in the App Store? 

mattstick

Yes.  I have it on my iPhone and iPad still.

VDB

Also handy for playing back ripped FLV webcasts etc.
Is this still Wombat?

sls.stormyrider

Is there an iOS app that can be used at sites that require Adobe Flash player?
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mattstick

sls.stormyrider

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

PIE-GUY

I've used skyfire.  It will analyze a page for video. If there is flash video that the iPad won't play, it basically uses their server to play it and feed it to you in a streaming format. You can watch the video but you cannot slide a slider back and forth to ff or rewind like you can with any other video format. It's annoying, so I very rarely use it.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sls.stormyrider

thanks
in that case, maybe I won't try it

gainesvillegreen

Is anyone having problems connecting to the iTunes store this AM? Can't connect at all through the computer, and on the iPad can get into the store but can't search  :|  :?
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

mbw

anyone know when the ipad mini 2 is coming out?
want to get one for the wife.
a quick look at the internetz says maybe the end of this month??
does that sound right? i do want to get one now and have a new one come out a couple of weeks later.

thanks.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mbw on September 06, 2013, 08:52:00 PM
anyone know when the ipad mini 2 is coming out?
want to get one for the wife.
a quick look at the internetz says maybe the end of this month??
does that sound right? i do want to get one now and have a new one come out a couple of weeks later.

thanks.

I don't know, but I imagine if its gonna arrive this fall we will know on 9/12 when they do their next big event thing.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

barnesy305

I'm just now reading through these last few pages. So does the VLC app allow you to play FLAC files on your phone?