News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Paug Runners' World

Started by GBL, August 21, 2009, 06:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gundo

Quote from: Superfreakie on January 08, 2017, 07:19:54 PM
Need to make a weight lifting thread. Do any of you fit people lift?
I lift. Love lifting. Gave up on running. It's just too boring for me. I'll start the thread, because I'm interested as well in learning more about diet and training

Lifeboy

Quote from: EdBanky on January 09, 2017, 01:05:12 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on January 08, 2017, 07:19:54 PM
Need to make a weight lifting thread. Do any of you fit people lift?
I lift. Love lifting. Gave up on running. It's just too boring for me. I'll start the thread, because I'm interested as well in learning more about diet and training

Thats almost precisely why I got into cycling in HS....
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Gundo

Yeah the most I'll run is about 20 minutes and that's all I need to feel good. Used to do the couch to 5k app on my phone. When I got to about an hour and a half run I just didn't look forward to it anymore.

Buffalo Budd

My buddy is running a 40 km on the Fundy foot path tomorrow.
Elevation changes 3000 feet every few kms.
Did I mention he's a smoker, lol.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Augustus

Also sounds dumb.
Best of luck!

gah

aug, grabbed the relive app, looks dope. haven't set it up yet, but I'm guessing it just links up to your garmin device?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Augustus

Quote from: gah on July 28, 2017, 03:58:29 PM
aug, grabbed the relive app, looks dope. haven't set it up yet, but I'm guessing it just links up to your garmin device?

Relive creates from Strava.
So just DL Strava (it's the shit) and sync your Garmin to your Strava account.

I realize Garmin has their own social network, but Strava is a much larger connection.
Plus, a lot of times, your watch will tell you you ran 2 miles.
Strava takes the average of each segment you ran (or ride or swim) to give you a very real distance for each of your workout.
There's also challenges and clubs and stuff, but it's another great tool to have if you're serious about your sport.

gah

Quote from: Augustus on July 28, 2017, 04:37:27 PM
Quote from: gah on July 28, 2017, 03:58:29 PM

Relive creates from Strava.
So just DL Strava (it's the shit) and sync your Garmin to your Strava account.

I realize Garmin has their own social network, but Strava is a much larger connection.
Plus, a lot of times, your watch will tell you you ran 2 miles.
Strava takes the average of each segment you ran (or ride or swim) to give you a very real distance for each of your workout.
There's also challenges and clubs and stuff, but it's another great tool to have if you're serious about your sport.

Cool. So I linked my Garmin to Strava to Relive. See how that works out this weekend when I go for a run. Thanks man.

Augustus

gah

Quote from: Augustus on July 28, 2017, 05:28:34 PM
Sick! Have fun!

Oh sweet, it's actually retro-actively recreating the runs I did earlier this week. Very cool.

VDB

I have wide feet, and I've been running in New Balances for the past 20 years in part because their selection of wides has been good. I'm finding that to be less the case these days. So, it might be time to go play the field again. Any recommendations?
Is this still Wombat?

Augustus

Quote from: VDB on August 26, 2017, 04:58:04 PM
I have wide feet, and I've been running in New Balances for the past 20 years in part because their selection of wides has been good. I'm finding that to be less the case these days. So, it might be time to go play the field again. Any recommendations?

I'd rec Altras. The new Escalantes are pretty sweet.
https://www.runnersworld.com/shoe/altra-escalante-mens

If you have a specialty running store nearby, try them on and some others, tho.
They'll even evaluate your stride and fit you perfectly.

mattstick

I wear a 2E in New Balance for walking around but Asics for running, they're good n' wide.

VDB

Yo, thanks, guys. Never heard of Altra; I'll have to take a look. As for Asics, I've known people who've raved about them for years, so maybe there's something to that.
Is this still Wombat?

gah

Yeah, I do Asics Kayano and Saucony Guides. Asics and Brooks have been the top running shoes forever, so you can't go wrong there, but I'll second Aug's rec of going to a running specialty store and having them take a look at you running and fit you. For a couple years I was in neutral shoes when I needed stability ones, and it made all the difference in this recurring knee pain I was having. They'll know what they're doing. Also, don't skimp on cost, cause a little more spent on the right shoes is worth the savings in doctors visits and physical therapy later on.