News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Report To Moderator

Started by rowjimmy, February 22, 2010, 09:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Please, when you encounter postings that are either blatant spam or abusive/offensive in nature consider clicking the link at the bottom of each post that reads "Report To Moderator". This notifies the moderators of a problem and they may be able to assist more quickly.

Quoting spam posts makes the cleanup more difficult and time consuming. Plus your witty retort won't make much sense once the spam has been excised.

Additionally, feeding trolls only encourages them to return.

Note: Abuse of this mechanism will not be tolerated.

antelope19

Thanks!  I haven't been around so much lately, but I hope this hasn't become a problem. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

PIE-GUY

Quote from: antelope19 on February 22, 2010, 09:38:57 AM
Thanks!  I haven't been around so much lately, but I hope this hasn't become a problem.

We had a yoyo attack last night. I did my best to ignore it... in the future I will report it.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

whyweigh5.0

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 22, 2010, 09:37:36 AM
Please, when you encounter postings that are either blatant spam or abusive/offensive in nature consider clicking the link at the bottom of each post that reads "Report To Moderator". This notifies the moderators of a problem and they may be able to assist more quickly.

Quoting spam posts makes the cleanup more difficult and time consuming. Plus your witty retort won't make much sense once the spam has been excised.

reported to moderator  :samurai:
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: whyweigh4.0 on February 22, 2010, 09:54:02 AM

reported to moderator  :samurai:
:police:

mbw

Quote« Last Edit: Today at 06:22:59 pm by rowjimmy »

lol, iswydt

rowjimmy

Image size metadata makes the internet work better.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 22, 2010, 07:25:56 PM
Image size metadata makes the internet work better.

Can someone tell me how RJ resized that so I know in the future?

Edit: Quote post reveals wonders.  450 height, 600 width.  Got it.

justjezmund

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 22, 2010, 09:41:39 AM

We had a yoyo attack last night. I did my best to ignore it... in the future I will report it.
my best was not good enough.  and i always forget that button is there, maybe ill remember next time.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: JustJezmund on February 22, 2010, 07:45:56 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 22, 2010, 09:41:39 AM

my best was not good enough.  and i always forget that button is there, maybe ill remember next time.

On another forum we call it "using the ignore button in your head" because their software version doesn't have the ignore feature.

It's so easy to ignore someone without using the ignore button, it's rediculous. 

rowjimmy

He's referring to the "Report to Moderator" link.

You know, the topic of the thread?

fauxpaxfauxreal

Oh yeah.  One of the funniest parts of yesterday to me was the mental image of Row's blackberry buzzing incessantly with mod reports.

Bobafett

thanks i wanted to know how to do that!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

GBL

Make sure lametard knows this..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: GBL on February 23, 2010, 12:36:07 AM

Make sure lametard knows this..

If you mean me, Guy will be quick to point out that the only time today I've hit the "report to moderator" button was for a spammer who posted tonight.

The "report to moderator" was a joke that was over your head.