News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Anyone have a Droid?

Started by Alumni, April 28, 2010, 05:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alumni

Quote from: JustJezmund on April 29, 2010, 01:42:01 AM
appears the new droid OS will fully support flash, kinda cool

Looks like the new Skyfire web browser has (server-side) flash decoding. Should work right now.

Thanks for the input all - I did go with the Moto-Droid. Maybe I'll regret not coughing up the two Benjamins for the Incredible . . . but I kind of doubt it. This thing does what I need it to do, and the speed is fine for me.

I actually would wait for a VZN iPhone if there were solid evidence that one were forthcoming. But I've seen nothing to make me remove it from the "perpetual-rumor" file. I also have no real hope of improved coverage. Mobile coverage here is what it is. Where I work is bounded by a campus and a huge protected historic district. I'd estimate the chances of new tower construction at roughly zero point zero.  :|

So Verizon it is . . .
Cause I got a degree

justjezmund

Quote from: Alumni on April 29, 2010, 08:01:56 PM

I actually would wait for a VZN iPhone if there were solid evidence that one were forthcoming. But I've seen nothing to make me remove it from the "perpetual-rumor" file.

So Verizon it is . . .

we will just have to wait till WWDC (World Wide Developer Conference) for steves press conference. the event starts june 7th but apple still hasnt announced their day yet.  we'll see
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Alumni

+1 for google maps - voice.
http://www.google.com/mobile/navigation/

It was pretty cool to launch google maps, say "movieland richmond virginia" and get turn by turn directions to the Phish 3D film last night. I had a few minutes to spare, so I deliberately took a wrong exit. It recalculated on the fly, about as quickly as my garmin. And the Droid's screen blows away my Nuvi. Completely.

Just have to decide whether or not to send the Garmin to craigslist. It might be nice to have gps and phone on separate devices. And the Garmin supposedly has real time traffic in metro areas - though around DC I usually find traffic before navteq is able to warn me :| I guess another garmin advantage is that I can pick from several voices, as opposed to google's stephen hawking-esque robo-voice . . . but are those things worth $100?

decisions, decisions
Cause I got a degree

antelope19

If you text alot(or at all for that matter), make sure to DL the free app "handcent".  SOOOOOO much better than the standard texting on the droid.  Its just much more customizable....
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment