Author Topic: GDead Thread  (Read 393762 times)

Offline gainesvillegreen

• Wrote the Book
  • Its always the llamas...
Re: GDead Thread
« Reply #11325 on: November 11, 2017, 02:29:38 PM »
Listening to 11/11/73 today, trying to keep up with the calendar for this tour as it is one of my favorites (11/17 for instance is a top top show for me).

One of, if not the best, tours with Keith in the band.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 02:32:31 PM by gainesvillegreen »
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people’s failures are where it’s at.

Offline mistercharlie

• Gave the Book to the Library
  • Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #11326 on: November 11, 2017, 02:36:25 PM »

Charlie Miller dropped an UltraMatrix of 12/27/86 that sounds super heady, some other Dec 86 and March 87s too... It's a good time to be an 80s head.

Are there 80s heads? My '89 episode is the least downloaded ep of Brokedown Podcast by a long margin...

That one was one of my favorites

I appreciate that and I'm not taking personally the drop-off. I assume folks just aren't as enthusiastic.
Hopefully they like the 60s.

I personally LOVE the 80's. Brent brought the band to a different level. Plus that's the band that I grew up seeing with my mom. 80's Dead holds a special place in my heart. I hadn't gotten around to your latest podcast due to a promotion at work that currently has me working my new position and my old position until it get's filled. On the plus side I'm making bank with the overtime!
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 
Mister Charlie told you so.

Offline VA $l!m

• INSPIRED THE F-in' BOOK
  • Lot Security
  • Gamehendge
  • Real Outcasty
« Reply #11327 on: November 11, 2017, 04:49:46 PM »
Listening to 11/11/73 today, trying to keep up with the calendar for this tour as it is one of my favorites (11/17 for instance is a top top show for me).

One of, if not the best, tours with Keith in the band.
those late NOv shows are monsters.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Offline jam>

• Reading The Book...
« Reply #11328 on: November 11, 2017, 05:13:04 PM »
11/11/73

Dude – During Dark Star right before they slam into what must be the fasted Mind Left Body they ever did, what Jerry is playing is scary. Is he sliding his pick on the strings there? Soooo good. Gumbo-level enthusiasm here.

Offline Buffalo Budd

• Gamehendge
  • 'Looking for owls?' the young man asked.
« Reply #11329 on: November 11, 2017, 05:16:00 PM »

Charlie Miller dropped an UltraMatrix of 12/27/86 that sounds super heady, some other Dec 86 and March 87s too... It's a good time to be an 80s head.

Are there 80s heads? My '89 episode is the least downloaded ep of Brokedown Podcast by a long margin...

I appreciate that and I'm not taking personally the drop-off. I assume folks just aren't as enthusiastic.

I personally LOVE the 80's. Brent brought the band to a different level. Plus that's the band that I grew up seeing with my mom. 80's Dead holds a special place in my heart. I hadn't gotten around to your latest podcast due to a promotion at work that currently has me working my new position and my old position until it get's filled. On the plus side I'm making bank with the overtime!

The 80s have a ton of gems, spinning this right now and on Franklins.
Yeah, there is nothing wrong with this.

Offline VA $l!m

• Lot Security
  • Gamehendge
  • Real Outcasty
« Reply #11330 on: November 11, 2017, 06:02:51 PM »

without a net so good

Offline Buffalo Budd

• Gamehendge
  • 'Looking for owls?' the young man asked.
« Reply #11331 on: November 11, 2017, 11:21:18 PM »
without a net so good

My dad actually surprised me for my 18th birthday with the album cover silk screened on a t-shirt.

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #11332 on: November 12, 2017, 05:50:01 AM »

::Drools::
That is my Holy Grail vinyl. I have looked and dug and searched, but stairway.
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Offline VA $l!m

• Lot Security
  • Gamehendge
  • Real Outcasty
« Reply #11333 on: November 12, 2017, 02:20:58 PM »

srry i dunno, but are you talking about just the regualr Without a Net? is it that rare?

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #11334 on: November 12, 2017, 02:48:15 PM »

srry i dunno, but are you talking about just the regualr Without a Net? is it that rare?

Yeah they've only pressed it to vinyl once, when it came out. I saw one in a shop one time, but they wanted $100 for it, so I had to pass. Kinda wish I would've had the extra cash to snag it.

Offline mattstick

• Server Team
  • Gamehendge
  • Some Rise Some Fall Some Climb
« Reply #11335 on: November 12, 2017, 03:04:16 PM »

Without A Net was pretty much the only Live Dead post-Dead Set on vinyl for the longest time.

Offline shoreline99

• In the Band
  • shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite
    • My List
« Reply #11336 on: November 12, 2017, 08:51:53 PM »

Yeah, me too. I saw a lot of shows that summer. Foxboro, JFK, Giants Stadium, RFK...
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Offline mattstick

• Server Team
  • Gamehendge
  • Some Rise Some Fall Some Climb
« Reply #11337 on: November 12, 2017, 09:37:18 PM »

Charlie Miller dropped a bunch of stuff this weekend, including this...

Grateful Dead - August 19, 1989
Greek Theatre - Berkeley, CA
University of California
(Isoltaed Feed From Bobby's Guitar)

Recording Info:
SBD -> Cassette Master (Sony TC-D5M/TDK MA-XG90)

Transfer Info:
Cassette Master (Nakamichi CR-7A) > Tascam DA-3000 (DSF 1-bit/5.8 MHz) >
KORG AudioGate 4 > Samplitude Pro X3 Suite > FLAC/16
(1 Disc FLAC)

Recorded by Don Pearson
Transferred by Charlie Miller
charliemiller87@earthlink.net
November 11, 2017

Notes:
-- This is an isolated stereo feed from Bob Weir's guitar patched off the board
-- The crew recorded the isolated feed to check for distortion

JUST WEIR

Offline rowjimmy

• Head Ache
  • 'Paug Admin
  • In the OTHER Band
  • No Questions. Just Rawk
    • Row Knows
« Reply #11338 on: November 13, 2017, 06:38:54 AM »

Charlie Miller dropped a bunch of stuff this weekend, including this...

Grateful Dead - August 19, 1989
Greek Theatre - Berkeley, CA
University of California
(Isoltaed Feed From Bobby's Guitar)

Recording Info:
SBD -> Cassette Master (Sony TC-D5M/TDK MA-XG90)

Transfer Info:
Cassette Master (Nakamichi CR-7A) > Tascam DA-3000 (DSF 1-bit/5.8 MHz) >
KORG AudioGate 4 > Samplitude Pro X3 Suite > FLAC/16
(1 Disc FLAC)

Recorded by Don Pearson
Transferred by Charlie Miller
charliemiller87@earthlink.net
November 11, 2017

Notes:
-- This is an isolated stereo feed from Bob Weir's guitar patched off the board
-- The crew recorded the isolated feed to check for distortion

JUST WEIR

Weird

Offline Caravan2001

• Gamehendge
« Reply #11339 on: November 14, 2017, 02:17:42 PM »

Yeah they've only pressed it to vinyl once, when it came out. I saw one in a shop one time, but they wanted $100 for it, so I had to pass. Kinda wish I would've had the extra cash to snag it.

There's a European press and a US press.  You can get either for $100 on Discogs, sometimes cheaper.  I know the day I break down and buy one they'll issue the repress which is what happened to me with Harvest Moon.