News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Fall Tour Art

Started by antelope19, September 29, 2010, 02:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatapiper

I like the Moose as well, owl would look ok in my 5 year olds room
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

mbw

question about posters:

so , are these submissions to the band that were not picked or with the words phish taken out?
i really dont understand why someone would buy one of these if they dont even say 'phish' on them.

mattstick

Nope, it's unofficial fan art, and I don't know why anyone would want it either.

mbw

Quote from: mattstick on September 30, 2010, 06:03:03 PM
Nope, it's unofficial fan art, and I don't know why anyone would want it either.

thanks.  so does the band commission a single artist each show and just go with what he comes up with?
some of these guys do official work, right?

blatboom

feel like I've seen 2 or 3 Official prints that I didn't think looked like complete shit.  I'm glad there's some alternatives out there

mattstick

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on September 30, 2010, 06:05:47 PM
Quote from: mattstick on September 30, 2010, 06:03:03 PM

thanks.  so does the band commission a single artist each show and just go with what he comes up with?
some of these guys do official work, right?

This guy in particular doesn't do work for Phish, strictly lot.

Again, generally, Julia and the band's management company commission the artists for gig posters, t-shirt designs, ticket designs and pay them a one-time fee.  The artists submit for approval and voila... Phish art.

mattstick

Are Pennants the new merit badges?

mistercharlie

That's f'n rawsome!!!

They seem to be digging up things we collected as kids. Merit Badges, Pennants... what's next? Baseball cards? Sticker Books? Lego Sets?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 30, 2010, 08:42:17 PM
That's f'n rawsome!!!

They seem to be digging up things we collected as kids. Merit Badges, Pennants... what's next? Baseball cards? Sticker Books? Lego Sets?

as long as the phanners buy it!

ytowndan

Only fan art I've ever purchased was Welker's Fest 8 print. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

whatapiper

That's f'n rawsome!!!

my son and I would love some of these, he is a Lego fanatic!  not too stoked on the pennants :|
beginning to end
we belong

zimbra

That's f'n rawsome!!!

I would buy a phish lego set lolz....

Simply because i loved legos when i was younger and now im older and love phish.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

redrum

Quote from: whatapiper on September 30, 2010, 04:50:35 PM

Quote from: zimbra on October 02, 2010, 07:11:34 PM
Simply because i loved legos when i was younger and now im older and love phish.

i just got my 5 yr old nephew darth vaders tie fighter lego set & helped him build it.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

mistercharlie

Quote from: redrum on October 02, 2010, 07:21:10 PM
Quote from: whatapiper on September 30, 2010, 04:50:35 PM

Quote from: zimbra on October 02, 2010, 07:11:34 PM

i just got my 5 yr old nephew darth vaders tie fighter lego set & helped him build it.

Star Wars + Legos = Win
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

whatapiper

i can only imagine how epic a lego character of Mike would be, complete with green rolled up pants and the hair of 1.0
beginning to end
we belong