News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by mistercharlie, October 21, 2010, 09:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 27, 2016, 06:45:04 AM
My wife called it quits on the show in the first few episodes of season 6. So I don't blame anyone for not wanting to watch anymore. Things get pretty gruesome from here on out, but that episode is kind of the apex of grotesqueness, just like Issue 100 of the books was their apex of grotesqueness.

My wife gave up the book after issue 100.
Maybe she just has a thing for asian dudes.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 27, 2016, 08:00:33 AM
My wife called it quits on the show in the first few episodes of season 6. So I don't blame anyone for not wanting to watch anymore. Things get pretty gruesome from here on out, but that episode is kind of the apex of grotesqueness, just like Issue 100 of the books was their apex of grotesqueness.

Like PieGuy, but in reverse.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

barnesy305

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 27, 2016, 09:10:30 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on October 27, 2016, 08:00:33 AM

Like PieGuy, but in reverse.

So CakeGirl.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 25, 2016, 09:43:48 AM
Bad news, gg.
Negan likes the sound of his own voice.
FYI, all of his speeches were filmed twice. Once for television, once for blu-ray. The latter is way heavier on the profanity.

Disgusting episode.
My wife says she's quitting the show.
I don't think they'll sustain this level of violence though:
http://nerdist.com/the-walking-dead-producers-explains-why-they-created-that-cruel-cliffhanger/

Not that life is going to get easier anytime soon.

Well, that is unfortunate. I didn't mind the violence whatsoever, and it IS time to churn some of these characters, and I can be accused of thumbs-upping banal violence but getting in a tiff about dialogue, and yet...

Just some substance, that's all I want...I'll be watching Sunday, that much is for sure. Let's see where this goes.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Lifeboy

On one hand, I kind of understand the bashing-in of the humans heads being a bit too much for someone, but to call it quits? You watch 6 seasons of a gore-filled show about zombies with almost endless grotesque scenes (it's supposed to be like that, btw), but then give up after all that bc someone gets their head caved in?

I just don't get it. What did you expect from a show like this?

Like I said, I totally understand someone not wanting to watch it, but if thats enough for someone to stop watching the show for good on the spot like that, after already watching 6 seasons of gore, you would think they never would have watched it to begin with....

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

VA $l!m

dig the full on choral arranged B Dylan... o and the Tiger looked sweet!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Quote from: Lifeboy on October 28, 2016, 10:10:21 AM
On one hand, I kind of understand the bashing-in of the humans heads being a bit too much for someone, but to call it quits? You watch 6 seasons of a gore-filled show about zombies with almost endless grotesque scenes (it's supposed to be like that, btw), but then give up after all that bc someone gets their head caved in?

Like I said, I totally understand someone not wanting to watch it, but if thats enough for someone to stop watching the show for good on the spot like that, after already watching 6 seasons of gore, you would think they never would have watched it to begin with....

If you can't see the different between zombie violence and human on human violence, then you might be the one who needs perspective.

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on November 01, 2016, 04:01:52 PM
dig the full on choral arranged B Dylan... o and the Tiger looked sweet!

One of my favorite parts of the episode.

Comic book spoiler/show theory below:
[spoiler]In that episode it kind of seemed like they're going to substitute Carol for Michonne as Ezekiel's love interest. [/spoiler]
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 04, 2016, 02:47:57 PM
Quote from: Lifeboy on October 28, 2016, 10:10:21 AM

If you can't see the different between zombie violence and human on human violence, then you might be the one who needs perspective.
TBH i think you're being a little harsh, and i gotta back lifeboy up a bit.
  I don't see it that way at all, and i'm pretty much a pacifist.
not to beat a dead horse here, but this is a TV show. it is art. It is fiction. none of it is real. so zombie, human, alien, whathaveyou...we are viewing something that IS NOT REAL.
qualifiying zombie violence vs human violence is only relevant if we are comapraing them on the premise that zombies ARE real, IE within the fiction of the  show.

To play devil's advocate to your quip I'd say if YOu can't detach fiction from reality than... maybe you need perspective.
Like i said already, scenes like Noah getting his face eaten off were much more disturbing to me.
OF course if i was walking down the street in real life and i saw someone getting their head bashed in by another person it would be horrible, but TBH if i saw my friend gettin ghis face eaten off it would be worse...but that wouldnt happen BECAUSE it was real life, NOT TV,
thats all i got, i cant think of any other way of explaining this point.

JPhishman

first episode of the season was gruesome, but I can handle that. The tiger though, I'm not sure I can handle.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

mistercharlie

Quote from: JPhishman on November 06, 2016, 11:11:38 AM
first episode of the season was gruesome, but I can handle that. The tiger though, I'm not sure I can handle.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Shiva's a pussy cat.

VA $l!m

ok, 3 setup episodes... please can we get some action next week?

VA $l!m

so, Fear the Waling DEad just had their season finale and i gotta say this season was really really good after the first 2 seasons were pretty meh.
not sure exactly but i think they brought over s. Gimple to produce and it defintiely had more of an authentic Waling Dead feel.
In fact it probably is more of the old school w. Dead vibe i prefer to whatever the current cheesy over the top thing we have now in the original series.
I honestly thought last season pretty much jumped teh shark after the 1st episode and im sorta nervous about this season being even decent after seeing th promos.
guess ill see next week.

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 15, 2017, 11:06:45 PM
so, Fear the Waling DEad just had their season finale and i gotta say this season was really really good after the first 2 seasons were pretty meh.
not sure exactly but i think they brought over s. Gimple to produce and it defintiely had more of an authentic Waling Dead feel.
In fact it probably is more of the old school w. Dead vibe i prefer to whatever the current cheesy over the top thing we have now in the original series.
I honestly thought last season pretty much jumped teh shark after the 1st episode and im sorta nervous about this season being even decent after seeing th promos.
guess ill see next week.

I stopped watching TWD last season after episode 2. And I never even started the second season of FTWD.

VA $l!m

so i guess its the end of an era. Andrew Lincoln announces he's leaving... before his last season. weird. shoudl be interesting to see how they deal with it.

honestly i still watch the show just cause i have nothing better to do on Sundays, but i really havent enjoyed the show since Glenns' last episode 2 years ago or whatev.
On the other hand FEAR TWD has continually improved and this season they completed rebooted with new writters that really stepped it up.  They brought in Morgan from TWD and a bunch of new actors including Jenna Elfman who i love. the first episodes sicne th reboot were really good and took more of an OG TWD approach with the grimey visual filtering. Im pretty excited for this next half season nwo that they got through some of the weird transition of ditching actors and refreshing the story.