News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/31 - Boardwalk Hall - Atlantic City, NJ - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, November 01, 2010, 01:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on November 01, 2010, 01:44:09 AM
Quote from: aphineday on November 01, 2010, 01:41:29 AM
Holy shit. Great times. Sleeeeeep now. Thanks again for holding it down Mandi!

Quote from: ytowndan on November 01, 2010, 01:42:34 AM
Thanks, Mandi, for taking the job that none of us pansies wanted to.   :-D

anytime!

:beers:

as they said

Roll Right Through the Night
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Caravan2001

God damn....been running since the show got out.....made it to the airport, Red Bull from the mini bar FTW.....now heading back to Portland via Los Angeles  :|.....so cashed, but so, so worth it.....i can barely see straight I am so tired....the show was the shizz nizzle.....probably the best show since........ever.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

G. Augusto

sophist

Quote from: G. Augusto on November 01, 2010, 06:19:24 AM
:tte:
I came in here expecting to see that reaction from you.  I haven't heard the show yet, but based on the times of the songs it looks like everything was played straight forward.  I had high hopes that they would turn the corner this tour and really explore the space of the music, looks like we'll just have to wait and see what the next tour brings. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Tomapella

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 01, 2010, 06:11:38 AM
:wtu:
Quote from: G. Augusto on November 01, 2010, 06:19:24 AM
:tte:

And the world keeps on turning. :-P

The costume set sounded good to me, though I'm one of the poor souls who hadn't heard the album beforehand.  I'll definitely check it out though.  I left the stream a few songs into the last set.  Gotta admit, my expectations were set pretty low from the DWD intro.  If you fuck that up... still gonna check out the parts of the show that I missed this afternoon.

Igbo

i dont know if it was stated last night during the LST, but the horns were basically the Antibalas horn section. Pretty sick.

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

phil

Quote from: Phantagnostic on November 01, 2010, 08:59:09 AM
LF set was better than sets 1 and 3..

Just sayin'..

big time, but then again i'm a sucker for all things little feat. i hope this opens the door for them to play some of these songs on a regular basis (read: mercenary territory and feats don't fail me now) and even try some other little feat songs (read: hate to lose your lovin', down on the farm, or straight from the heart)

edit: i wanna hear rock & roll doctor as well
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

blatboom

mistercharlie

Throwing the Costume set on my Ipod right now. Should make for a fun morning at work.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.