News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/12 - Outside Lands Festival - San Francisco, CA - Post-Show Discussion/Review

Started by mistercharlie, August 13, 2011, 06:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

08/12/2011
Outside Lands Festival
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, CA

Set 1: KDF, Wilson, Funky Bitch, Moma Dance, Peaches En Regalia, Sample, Possum, Tweezer > Mound, Suzy Greenberg, Axilla I, Mikes Song > Hydrogen > Weekapaug

Set 2: Rock n Roll > Steam > Piper > Roses Are Free, Julius, Life on Mars?, Birds of a Feather, Fluffhead, BDTNL > 2001 > Chalkdust Torture

E: Cavern > Tweezer Reprise
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

It looks like Phish participates in 'Phone It In Friday' also.  :|
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

G. Augusto

phil

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

PIE-GUY

mattstick

DoW

Quote from: G. Augusto on August 13, 2011, 07:24:03 AM
The hate is strong with this one.
Quote from: mistercharlie on August 13, 2011, 06:29:58 AM
It looks like Phish participates in 'Phone It In Friday' also.  :|
ha

bdtnl>2001>chalkdust looks like it could be fun.  will give it a listen.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 13, 2011, 08:40:26 AM
Jim Harrington of the Oakland Tribune calls Phish's performance at Outside Lands "quite accessible."

http://www.mercurynews.com/entertainment/ci_18675202?nclick_check=1

That's a polite way f saying that they didn't do anything experimental.

::adds phrase to arsenal of hate::

thatfargone

Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

gah

just cause the link wasn't working (at least when I tried):

QuoteThe first day will be remembered for the stark contrast in fan bases. Thousands of patchouli-scented fans came primarily to see Phish, the top dog in the jam-band universe, while those who'd showered more frequently were there to watch young hipster acts like Foster the People, MGMT and the Shins.

The latter treated Phish like the plague, going to great lengths to avoid Vermont's "Phinest" and making sure everybody knew they weren't there to listen to jam-band music. It became a talking point for those wearing tight black jeans and thrift-store sweaters, with the refrain going something like, "What are you going to do while Phish is on?"

And then, of course, there was Phish. "Phans" loved the fact that their favorite band played two full sets, consisting of such favorites as "Wilson," "Fluffhead" and "Sample in a Jar." Trey Anastasio was in particularly fine form, electrifying the faithful with one epic guitar lead after another.

The set was quite accessible, at least by Phish standards, meaning that the elongated space jams and curious insider gimmicks were kept somewhat to a minimum. Still, it's doubtful that Phish made any new converts.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mehead

Quote from: goodabouthood on August 13, 2011, 11:11:23 AM

QuoteThe first day will be remembered for the stark contrast in fan bases. Thousands of patchouli-scented fans came primarily to see Phish, the top dog in the jam-band universe, while those who'd showered more frequently were there to watch young hipster acts like Foster the People, MGMT and the Shins.

The latter treated Phish like the plague, going to great lengths to avoid Vermont's "Phinest" and making sure everybody knew they weren't there to listen to jam-band music. It became a talking point for those wearing tight black jeans and thrift-store sweaters, with the refrain going something like, "What are you going to do while Phish is on?"

And then, of course, there was Phish. "Phans" loved the fact that their favorite band played two full sets, consisting of such favorites as "Wilson," "Fluffhead" and "Sample in a Jar." Trey Anastasio was in particularly fine form, electrifying the faithful with one epic guitar lead after another.

The set was quite accessible, at least by Phish standards, meaning that the elongated space jams and curious insider gimmicks were kept somewhat to a minimum. Still, it's doubtful that Phish made any new converts.

first of all, I prefer old spice

second, how the fuck did they know that Sample is my fav...damn prophets
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mehead on August 13, 2011, 11:27:02 AM

I prefer old spice

Really... I haven't smelled patchouli even on a wook in 10 years.

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 13, 2011, 11:29:35 AM

I prefer old spice

I wear it regularly.  :oops:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Hicks

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 13, 2011, 11:29:35 AM

I prefer old spice

I envy you.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.