News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Final Four - 3 - Michael Jackson - Thriller v 14 - Talking Heads - Remain in Lig

Started by UncleEbinezer, April 05, 2012, 07:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on April 06, 2012, 08:14:26 PM
I voted for Talking Heads R.I.M., just because I thought Thriller should have been pitted against The Beatles Sgt. Peppers, so that Thriller could have finally got its butt kicked, so I just pretended it was up against Sgt. Peppers...
Huh?

Superfreakie

Quote from: khalpin on April 06, 2012, 10:02:20 PM
I voted for Talking Heads R.I.M., just because I thought Thriller should have been pitted against The Beatles Sgt. Peppers, so that Thriller could have finally got its butt kicked, so I just pretended it was up against Sgt. Peppers...
Huh?

nutbag'd  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Hicks

Huh?

Uh yeah, I'm pretty sure voting for Thriller would give it the better chance of going up against Sgt. Pepper.

Also, if RIL makes it to the finals, LOL.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Poster Nutbag

Quote from: Hicks on April 07, 2012, 11:05:55 AM
Huh?

Uh yeah, I'm pretty sure voting for Thriller would give it the better chance of going up against Sgt. Pepper.

Yes.. I agree with this, but I was really wishing Thriller would have gotten beat by Dylan's Highway 61, especially since I such a JGB head, that most of those songs on Dylan's album or albums go a long way with me.. So for even as great of an album that Thriller is, it just would never stand the test of time, or the overall influence to the genre of music that I find to have talented depth...
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

barnesy305

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on April 07, 2012, 12:53:04 PM
Quote from: Hicks on April 07, 2012, 11:05:55 AM
Huh?

Yes.. I agree with this, but I was really wishing Thriller would have gotten beat by Dylan's Highway 61, especially since I such a JGB head, that most of those songs on Dylan's album or albums go a long way with me.. So for even as great of an album that Thriller is, it just would never stand the test of time, or the overall influence to the genre of music that I find to have talented depth...

I can't agree with any of that. Thriller has influenced way more than the pop genre, which I will agree is vapid as shit.