News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Guilty Pleasure Band?

Started by antelope19, November 16, 2005, 08:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

on how life is... is a great album start to finish.

fall 2000 i listened to it on a cassette non stop.

i swear to you guys....
i love barry manilow!
aug

Itsnotanexperience

geez - this thread is getting pretty good............

okay:

1)   madonna
2)   311
3)   snoop dogg (2 g's, right???)
4)   van halen (david lee roth era only)
5)   pantera
6)   

petert686

madonna...that's a pretty intense guilty pleasure right there

i personally don't think van halen should have to be a guilty pleasure. mean street most certainly brings the heat.

couldn't help but notice ur number 6 is rather intriguing.

this is an awesome thread to whoever started it and i just feel like i HAVE to respond to everyones lists haha yeah i'm a loser.

jedifunk

i dont really think it qualifies as a "guilty pleasure"

but i LOVE 80s music!  ALOT!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Itsnotanexperience

hell dude, i spent hours, days, weeks, months, years, working on eddie's intro
to mean streets.............still never got it........eddie can't play it that cool anymore
anyway..............is there any rock album - and by rock i mean "rawk" - better than
Fair Warning??????    That was supposedly the one where things between eddie and
dave became hateful..........their worst commercial success; by far their all-time, nastiest,
hardest, eddie-is-a-god, album of all time, IMHO.

whoops................#6 is solo sting.............dream of the blue turtles w/ branford is sickness.

Itsnotanexperience

funk - did you dig "der kommisar"?   whatever that tune was.............

whatapiper

hmmm? guilty pleasures.... i dont have any albums or anything, but when old skool metalica comes on i cant help but to rock out! :evil:
their old stuff was amazing imo.   i dunno ive been listening to this all girl band from olympia wa, called "be good tanyas."  the lead has an amazing voice and some of there songs hit home fo sho.  i really dig leo kotke on his own, ive seen him 2 times live and he has such a good stage presence and is funny as hell with his narrative between/during songs.   i guess trey band would be a guilty pleasure too since i couldnt stand it for years. :-D

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

antelope19

This has turned out WAY better than I had ever planned!!!!  Its good to see that I am not the only one out here who likes to listen to the occasional 80's pop tune, or Rock out to HOT FOR TEACHER.  That intro Drum solo gets me goin everytime.  Gotta love some Halen.  Thanks to all for swallowing their personal pride.  This has been quite amusing. :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

August

i also crank justin timberlake on occassion :roll:
a

jedifunk

Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Itsnotanexperience

okay.........last and final confession..............i LOVE Ratt.

Okay...........I'm sure I'll be banned for life now............what can i say?
warren di martini was a shredder like few others...............

August

i'm gonna rock your body!!!!!!
blah blah blaaah!

a t

rowjimmy

Leo kottke shouuld not be a guilty pleasure. you should be proud that you have come to know his music.

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

jedifunk

^^^  blah blah blah, enjoy of your hippie crap... just tell us whats in your musical closet... is it britney, or nsync, or bette midler... just let it out.

as a wise man once said... everybody's got something to hide, but me and my monkey ;)
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

^^^^^^^^^^^i've known this kid for 12 & 1/2 years... I'll dig up some skeletons!  :evil: :-o
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-