News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Skateboarding Thread

Started by emay, June 09, 2012, 11:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

So, I know a lot of you probably arent big into skateboarding but I used to skateboard like it was my religion in middle - high school and still love to hit up a couple parks here in MD when I have to the time.
Here are some of my fav skateboard parts that get me pumped before skating. Please share any you enjoy as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFmGUBv-_Q&feature=related

Caravan2001

Yeah man, nice thread, that Andrew Reynolds video stoked me.  I have been skating since I was 6, I freaking love it.  I don't get out to skate as much as I would like because I am old and I make excuses.  I used to skate everything, but now I am lucky if I get to the park three times a year.  Can't remember the last time I skated curbs or a ditch.  Funny thing is, when I was coming up, all the parks were closed and it was all ramps and street.  We were dying for pools.  Now I live where there are literally more parks than anywhere in the world and sick skaters too.  I need to take more advantage of it, I never make the effort.  Plus my 5 year old is begging me to teach her.  I take her to watch sessions by our house and she loves it.  This is the park closest to my house that I normally skate:

Superfreakie

If only we had things like that back in my day. Same thing with ski jumps. You used to build a little kicker and the ski patrol were all over that shit. Nowadays they bust out groomers and build table tops that will fire you to the moon. Things change indeed.   

I still remember the day when I saw my first double tail board. Revolutionary!!

We built a half pipe in my yard, coping was PVC pipe and we surfaced it with that fake wood pressboard you used to panel rooms with. It was slick as fuck. And if you didn't bang down the nail heads that would start to pop up every now and again, you were in for a rude awakening. Regrettably, i forgot to cover it one night when it rained and it buckled something fierce. Then a neighbourhood kid broke his arm, so my Dad, fearing a lawsuit, said that's that and we took it down.   
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Superfreakie on October 06, 2012, 12:47:15 AM
If only we had things like that back in my day. Same thing with ski jumps. You used to build a little kicker and the ski patrol were all over that shit. Nowadays they bust out groomers and build table tops that will fire you to the moon. Things change indeed.   

We built a half pipe in my yard, coping was PVC pipe and we surfaced it with that fake wood pressboard you used to panel rooms with. It was slick as fuck. And if you didn't bang down the nail heads that would start to pop up every now and again, you were in for a rude awakening. Regrettably, i forgot to cover it one night when it rained and it buckled something fierce. Then a neighbourhood kid broke his arm, so my Dad, fearing a lawsuit, said that's that and we took it down.

Yep, those days were all about pvc coping and masonite. I had a hipper on both sides for like 3 years....

Superfreakie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 06, 2012, 01:07:29 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on October 06, 2012, 12:47:15 AM

Yep, those days were all about pvc coping and masonite. I had a hipper on both sides for like 3 years....

MASONITE!!! That's the word I was looking for, haven't heard that word in 20 years. That shit was expensive.

::Love having the old skool cat back on the 'paug::   
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

twatts

In the VaBch HS dichotomy in the late 80s (surfers vs skaters), I was a surfer...

Terry

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on October 06, 2012, 01:40:30 AM
In the VaBch HS dichotomy in the late 80s (surfers vs skaters), I was a surfer...

Terry

Surfers vs. skaters?  I always thought skating came out of surfing, kinda go hand in hand.  When there's no swell, you go skating.
I still get out on my longboard pretty regularly but rarely hit the park.  I grew up in the country so there were no other skaters around, I pretty much skated by myself until I was 17.  No parks, I just made my own rails and ramps.  I broke my ankle the first time I rode half pipe in Florida in '88.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Igbo

David Gonzales: Possesed to Skate.

His flow is so gnarly!!! Plus, skating doubles with Hosoi!!

Buffalo Budd

^^^That dude is frickin' nuts, thanks for sharing.  :beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

^ that kid is ridiculous! Lays down some serious hammers!
I have been diggin some Terry kennedy and Antuwan Dixon stlyes lately.

and some classic arto

emay

Igbo

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 23, 2012, 11:54:36 AM

Kind of funny to hear Franz Ferdinand on that Billy Marks part.

This is one of my all-time faves.

Both Haslam's and Song's totally kill it on this mini. Plus Haslam looks like RJ

emay

daewon is such a beast on the shredsled.

love this brandon biebel part too he crushes that manual pad at 3rd and army

Igbo

Nyjah's kickflip>noseslide>shove it out down the hand rail at 1:12 is so buttery smooth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v3bGdxpSpM&list=UUOe4FtbEVNDdNJ6CNXWexpQ&index=1

barnesy305

Quote from: Igbo on January 14, 2013, 03:44:12 PM
Nyjah's kickflip>noseslide>shove it out down the hand rail at 1:12 is so buttery smooth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v3bGdxpSpM&list=UUOe4FtbEVNDdNJ6CNXWexpQ&index=1

That kid kills it, I wonder if cutting off his dreads fucked up his balance for a bit.