News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NFL 2013-2014

Started by PIE-GUY, February 09, 2013, 10:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

DoW

Jets depth chart at QB

Matt Simms
David Garrard
Greg McElroy
Geno Smith
Mark Sanchez

Is football season over yet?
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

antelope19

We lost an all-time great last night. RIP Deacon Jones.

antelope19

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

DoW

Quote from: Undermind on June 10, 2013, 05:23:28 PM
Quote from: pcr3 on June 10, 2013, 05:16:45 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on June 10, 2013, 05:12:03 PM
Tebow to the Pats!

When the circus comes to town...
:shakehead:
I have much to say on this topic.
Boston has 2 sports radio stations.  the IQ of listeners from one or the other differs greatly because one station was talking about this as a signing for Brady's successor at QB  :shakehead:

here is my issue with Bellichek.  the Pats have a super bowl contending team and have had one for the past several years.  I hate that he trades down in the draft to accumulate later roudn picks and I hate all the reformation projects he brings in.  If he wants an H back/TE, go out and sign someone who has NFL experience at that position instead of thinking you can make Tebow something he is not.
they can be a player or two away from a super bowl win and 1st round draft picks and NFL experienced backups can put them over the top.

I just don't get this move but Brady makes everyone better and I guarantee Tebow scores 3 TDs against the Jets.  but any player can do that for a game.  Tebow at TE doesn't help them beat Denver imho.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

antelope19

Quote from: slslbs on June 10, 2013, 09:35:59 PM
I don't get it

Yet another move by belichick to prove that he's smarter than the rest of us.......  Oh, and I think he just wants to stick a fork in Rex Ryan's career. 

DoW

Quote from: antelope19 on June 11, 2013, 02:48:44 PM
I don't get it

Yet another move by belichick to prove that he's smarter than the rest of us.......  Oh, and I think he just wants to stick a fork in Rex Ryan's career.
frankly, Belicheck is wrong more often than right on reformation projects.  All I heard when Albert Haynesworth was signed that it was a no risk move and it couldn't hurt the Patriots.  It didn't hurt them but it sure as hell didn't help them either.

fwiw, Tebow practied as a QB today.  anytime Brady is not on the field is a win for the defense.
just sayin'

antelope19

Quote from: DoW on June 11, 2013, 02:55:21 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on June 11, 2013, 02:48:44 PM
I don't get it

frankly, Belicheck is wrong more often than right on reformation projects.  All I heard when Albert Haynesworth was signed that it was a no risk move and it couldn't hurt the Patriots.  It didn't hurt them but it sure as hell didn't help them either.

fwiw, Tebow practied as a QB today.  anytime Brady is not on the field is a win for the defense.
just sayin'

QFT

Chad Ochocinco was a disaster too, but he sure did well with Corey Dillon after the bengals had given up on him.  I think he's hoping for the same out of Legarret Blount.  Tebow will ride the pine, if he makes the team at all.  None of his money is guaranteed. 

DoW

Dillon was good.  Randy Moss was a risk at the time imo and that was obviously an amazing signing.  Clearly there are more.
But then you need to look at Adelius Thomas and Haynesworth and Ochocinco and Lloyd to a point.
I just still don't see where Tebow is going to play on this team.
I think Belicheck lost a bet to Josh McDaneils and needed to bring him into training camp.

antelope19

Quote from: DoW on June 11, 2013, 03:20:03 PM
Dillon was good.  Randy Moss was a risk at the time imo and that was obviously an amazing signing.  Clearly there are more.
But then you need to look at Adelius Thomas and Haynesworth and Ochocinco and Lloyd to a point.
I think Belicheck lost a bet to Josh McDaneils and needed to bring him into training camp.

You're probably correct.

Did you see Belicheck's presser today?  It was awesome.  If Tebow could land anywhere where it wouldn't be a total circus, it's in NE.  The Pats are known as a "team first" org, so I really wouldn't be surprised if he lines up at another position and everything we heard last year was BS.  What we heard about him not willing to try another position was all from the Jets, NOT Tebow directly, right?     

DoW

Quote from: antelope19 on June 11, 2013, 03:26:06 PM

You're probably correct.

Did you see Belicheck's presser today?  It was awesome.  If Tebow could land anywhere where it wouldn't be a total circus, it's in NE.  The Pats are known as a "team first" org, so I really wouldn't be surprised if he lines up at another position and everything we heard last year was BS.  What we heard about him not willing to try another position was all from the Jets, NOT Tebow directly, right?   
Tebow played very few snaps at QB and played special teams and punt protector and lined up as receiver a few plays.  He never complained publicly.  Tebow has NEVER been the problem.  it has been the media.  I don't hate Tebow.  I DO hate the media's coverage of him.  that is not his fault.
I just don't see him converting.  These defensive players are so fast now and great athletes themselves.  maybe it'll work, but I see it as a wasted roster spot if he makes the team.

antelope19

Quote from: DoW on June 11, 2013, 03:45:35 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on June 11, 2013, 03:26:06 PM

You're probably correct.

Tebow played very few snaps at QB and played special teams and punt protector and lined up as receiver a few plays.  He never complained publicly.  Tebow has NEVER been the problem.  it has been the media.  I don't hate Tebow.  I DO hate the media's coverage of him.  that is not his fault.
I just don't see him converting.  These defensive players are so fast now and great athletes themselves.  maybe it'll work, but I see it as a wasted roster spot if he makes the team.

I agree 100% with your feelings on the media, but you don't think he could be a fullback?  He's def. athletic enough to block and catch dumpoff passes from Brady.  If nothing else, he's an insurance policy for Gronk if he never fully heals(granted, a major downgrade, but it seems Gronk has another surgery every other week these days).