News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

phishtracks.com

Started by Undermind, March 18, 2013, 12:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Quote from: mopper_smurf on March 19, 2013, 01:56:04 AM
http://www.phishtracks.com/shows/1997-02-17/divided-sky  :rockout:  :rockout:

arguably my favorite all time version, Trey's sustain is off the charts! 

gainesvillegreen

Streaming the 7/29/98 Tube right now, enjoy this new site Hoodie, tell him good job.

Mentioning the archive earlier in the thread made me wonder if there is room for reviews as they have at the LMA at Phishtracks? That could bring in an additional sense of community to the project.

I echo those calling for a mobile app as well.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

McGrupp

Quote from: Marmar on March 19, 2013, 10:33:55 AM
I really dig the "remasters" of sources that don't come from the "master" source.....his workflow is suspect:

Quote1. Decode the FLACs or SHNs to WAV.
2. Load the WAVs into Magix Audio Cleaning Lab, which is where the ghetto-fab remaster process takes place (EQ adjustments, preamp boost, stereo field rebalancing, etc).
3. Export the newly remastered files as FLACs (on setting 8).
4. ID-tag the files and add album art via Mp3Tag.
5. Convert FLACs to mp3 and AAC versions via Foobar.
6. Add album art to mp3 and AAC versions (all of the other ID tags carry over after FLAC>lossy conversion in Foobar, but not the artwork).
7. Add miscellaneous files to each folder: original source text file, screen shot of EQ settings, pre-remaster comparison track, any available photos or memorabilia (posters, stubs) from the show.
8. Zip the folders via 7zip.
9. Upload to MegaUpload.

"Fuckedwith" is a better term for those.

Otherwise, very cool.

The high shelf EQ on some of these "remasters" kinda hurts my ears.

Agreed, shit's kinda wack.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

timwsiy

Thanks! I'm looking forward to being able to listen to shows while at work, even if not in lossless format.  :music:  I would also request that source info be added if possible so it is easier to seek out the flac versions of the same source if desired.
"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley

emay

alright, someone give me a hidden gem to listen to during work today.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on March 21, 2013, 12:10:42 PM

20 years ago today... http://www.phishtracks.com/shows/1993-03-21

Or the Gamehendge from 20 years ago tomorrow... http://www.phishtracks.com/shows/1993-03-22
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on March 21, 2013, 12:10:42 PM

Not exactly a hidden gem., but how about http://www.phishtracks.com/shows/1992-04-15/

The "Cold as Ice > Cracklin' Rosie > Cold as Ice" is funny as hell.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Caravan2001

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

justjezmund

Quote from: hoodie22 on March 18, 2013, 03:57:35 PM
Actually, I stand corrected...he's just been working on making the site more compatible with mobile devices, not necessarily an app. That may come.

holly shit, hey annie! where ya been?
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Undermind

http://pleasemehavenoregrets.com/1056307

Interview with Hoodie's boyfriend.  Interesting the dedication shown for this project by him, considering he has only been into Phish for a year and a half!
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

antelope19

Listened to my first show, 12/28/97 today.  It's just so easy now with this site.  Hope it lasts.  Wouldn't surprise me if livephish(per the recent survey?) offers something like this at some point.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: antelope19 on March 22, 2013, 06:10:51 PM
Listened to my first show, 12/28/97 today.  It's just so easy now with this site.  Hope it lasts.  Wouldn't surprise me if livephish(per the recent survey?) offers something like this at some point.

What survey? I must have missed it  :|

Love the Funky Bitch in that 12/28 show. Page goes unconscious.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

khalpin

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on March 22, 2013, 07:31:13 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on March 22, 2013, 06:10:51 PM

What survey? I must have missed it  :|

Love the Funky Bitch in that 12/28 show. Page goes unconscious.
LP.com sent out an e-mail, I'm guessing to all the e-mail addresses registered there with about 20 questions or so asking what features people would like to see, what type of files they'd be willing to pay for (flacs, mp3, alac, aac) and things of that nature.