News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

A Song of Ice and Fire Thread

Started by GBL, July 13, 2013, 01:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on May 29, 2014, 10:36:10 PM
I DO NOT HAVE A RELEASE DATE FOR THE SIXTH NOVEL
I have, however, finished with the third novel, and I understand chronologically the fourth and fifth novels cover some of the same ground, is that right?
If so, wanted to ask the gallery if it would be a good idea to read the fourth and fifth books concurrently?
Is there any benefit to overlapping their reading, or just read them as published?

by all means, read them concurrently. there are without a doubt nerds out there who've listed a good order in which to interlace the chapters. do so. it'll be a much better reading experience than reading one book after the other. he only split them because it was taking so long to write it and people were freaking out.

rowjimmy

Reading th back-to-back is fine and I think I'd recommend it for a first time through. Blat may be able to point you to a concurrent-read methodology, though.

blatboom

yeeahh I haven't picked up aSoS in months

I like cactusfan's idea of finding an online chapter guide to do my work for me though

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: blatboom on May 30, 2014, 09:33:13 AM
yeeahh I haven't picked up aSoS in months

I like cactusfan's idea of finding an online chapter guide to do my work for me though

Ha, alright gentleman, thanks for the info. After getting through the first three, I feel like the last two are home stretch (until the next one gets published).
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

blatboom

IDK they're pretty fucking tedious and you're talking like 2000 pages  :-o

GBL

I personally liked not reading then concurrently, as I felt it added more intrigue and excitement to the other story lines not in asos..

If this is love, I'm never going home..

rowjimmy

Tedious is not a word I'd use to describe this material (aside from the beginning of GOT itself...)

GBL

blatboom

blatboom

that was @ GRRM but can apply @ GBL as well

GBL

Lol yup

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

emay

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

GBL

July 2020???

Is this the year?

ETA: bumping a SIX year old thread makes me hate GRRM even more

mistercharlie

Quote from: GBL on March 08, 2020, 07:36:31 PM
July 2020???

Is this the year?

I hate to say it, but somebody needs to hit him with a car. Hear me out... Stephen King was on course to never finish The Dark Tower series and then one day while walking in the woods he was hit by a car. Once he was better he pushed out the last three books in a year and a half.

We need this to happen with GRRM even more since his health isn't as good as Kings.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 09, 2020, 09:31:27 AM
Quote from: GBL on March 08, 2020, 07:36:31 PM
July 2020???

Is this the year?

I hate to say it, but somebody needs to hit him with a car. Hear me out... Stephen King was on course to never finish The Dark Tower series and then one day while walking in the woods he was hit by a car. Once he was better he pushed out the last three books in a year and a half.

We need this to happen with GRRM even more since his health isn't as good as Kings.

I dunno, SK pumped out Dreamcatchers during that recovery, too.  Do you guys want the end of Game of Thrones to involve Shit Weasels?