News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/23 - Glens Falls Civic Center - Glens Falls, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by ytowndan, October 23, 2013, 11:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Phish: Wed, Oct 23, 2013
Glens Falls Civic Center, Glens Falls, NY

Set 1: Back in the U.S.S.R.*, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Water in the Sky, Undermind, David Bowie, Golgi Apparatus, Gumbo, Yarmouth Road, Camel Walk, Horn > Limb by Limb, I Didn't Know, Split Open and Melt

Set 2: Rock and Roll > Seven Below > Alaska > Twist**, Wading in the Velvet Sea > Harry Hood > Chalk Dust Torture

Encore: While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Notes:  * Back in the U.S.S.R. was played for the first time since 12/6/94 (687 shows).  ** Mike on drill.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

McGrupp

Looks pretty good on paper. Nice Beatles bookend.

First set looks kinda all over the place (David Bowie mid-set?). Interested in how the 2nd set sounds, although Alaska and Wading are kinda bummers to see on there. Looks like the show ended strong.

I'll def listen to the highlights.

Twist was good?
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Insert Beer

Quote from: McGrupp on October 23, 2013, 11:36:45 PM

First set looks kinda all over the place (David Bowie mid-set?). Interested in how the 2nd set sounds, although Alaska and Wading are kinda bummers to see on there. Looks like the show ended strong.

Twist was good?

Twist was cool but had typical 3.0 blue ballage.  Highlights for me were Bowie, Camel Walk, Horn, R&R > SB, Twist and Hood.

PIE-GUY

:phish: payed tonight.  Glad I tuned in. Worth it. Got me fucking pumped for Friday and Saturday.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

JPhishman

I'd call that a pretty nice Phish show. Maybe even top 5 of the year.

Yeah Phish

:phish:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

Gumbo72203

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: McGrupp on October 23, 2013, 11:36:45 PM

Twist was good?

whole show man, whole show.  Mid-first set Bowie was perfect.  Trey and Page found this crazy matching groove tension thing about halfway through it, it was amazing.  I even fucking danced to Wading.  Trey even played a real guitar solo!  I couldn't believe it!  It had a theme and everything.  Alaska was fine, but don't skip the Wading.  Seriously.  Its actually good.  Trey was doing this nice ascending melody thing. 

Twist....  holy moly.  The Glens Falls Twist.  Oh my word. 

Gumbo was... kinda sorta jammed out.  We'll have to see what the rest of you think.  Undermind had a sick solo, and Seven Below built to a nice peak, and OMG TREY PEAKED HOOD.  IT HAPPENED. 

Seeing Phish sober is the greatest thing ever.  I remember so many cool musical things they did. 

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Superfreakie

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 24, 2013, 01:08:43 AM
Seeing Phish sober is the greatest thing ever.

I've never seen Phish sober and I never will, nor have the intention, nor wish to. I'm also hoping my friends would never let this travesty occur. 160 plus and counting.....I've got great friends.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

WhatstheUse?

damn. Wish i went to this show.

I'm digging the mid set bowie placement.
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Stoked to hear this again as life was to busy to let me hear it all.
In defense of Alaska Jed, lotta guitar action up in that piece.

Also, if you can still hate on Velvet Sea after Coventry, you're either too young or too heartless to remember that Page cried for our sins.  It's a pretty song.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 24, 2013, 05:52:14 AM

Also, if you can still hate on Velvet Sea after Coventry, you're either too young or too heartless to remember that Page cried for our sins.  It's a pretty song.

:clap:  :clap:
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

PIE-GUY

I've been waiting since set break to pee.
I've been waiting since set break to pee.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Gumbo72203

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 24, 2013, 05:52:14 AM

Alaska stopped me dead in my raging tracks when it started, but by the end of the jam I was swaying again.  I think I even jumped a couple times.  The Rock and Roll and Twist, and Seven Below, and Hood, and Chalkdust however, ALL had me jumping like a fool.  Awesome.

But yeah, even this version of Velvet Sea is especially good.  Listen for Trey's actual musical ideas in the solo.  Dude actually cared. 

DoW

Now we cry when it is played late 2nd set and kills any flow or momentum.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate