News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/23 - Glens Falls Civic Center - Glens Falls, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by ytowndan, October 23, 2013, 11:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Insert Beer on October 23, 2013, 11:40:28 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on October 23, 2013, 11:36:45 PM
Looks pretty good on paper. Nice Beatles bookend.

First set looks kinda all over the place (David Bowie mid-set?). Interested in how the 2nd set sounds, although Alaska and Wading are kinda bummers to see on there. Looks like the show ended strong.

I'll def listen to the highlights.

Twist was good?

Twist was cool but had typical 3.0 blue ballage.  Highlights for me were Bowie, Camel Walk, Horn, R&R > SB, Twist and Hood.

I don't know about that. Last night I thought the Twist jam had run its course and ended exactly when it should have after a really nice, original melodic jam. I'm really looking forward to a relisten.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Insert Beer

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 24, 2013, 08:18:53 AM
Quote from: Insert Beer on October 23, 2013, 11:40:28 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on October 23, 2013, 11:36:45 PM
Looks pretty good on paper. Nice Beatles bookend.

First set looks kinda all over the place (David Bowie mid-set?). Interested in how the 2nd set sounds, although Alaska and Wading are kinda bummers to see on there. Looks like the show ended strong.

I'll def listen to the highlights.

Twist was good?

Twist was cool but had typical 3.0 blue ballage.  Highlights for me were Bowie, Camel Walk, Horn, R&R > SB, Twist and Hood.

I don't know about that. Last night I thought the Twist jam had run its course and ended exactly when it should have after a really nice, original melodic jam. I'm really looking forward to a relisten.

I will relisten for sure, it's just that I heard that blissful major key jam just moments away and it never came.

emay

twist was good.

still think hampton2 and 3 is better than this show. typical first set. nice beatles covers. second set above average, but song selection kinda weird.

Multibeast12

Judging by the reviews I might listen. But also in those reviews I've heard more talk of velvet sea being the highlight......so I might not listen

Multibeast12

I understand the blue balls in the twist. But it was still a solid twist. Wish they keep jamming on what they were doing longer.

Also haven't heard much whaling in this second set which is nice

sMILEy

This is one of those shows where i could of gone, and should of gone, but for some reason, didnt.
And now, just like i could of predicted, im sad, pissed and annoyed with myself for not going.
There will be others...  :cry:

sMILEy

And after reading about this show and seeing it on paper, i will for sure be giving this a listen.
Glens Falls is so close to me, closest show of tour, and i didn't go.. would of been an awesome excuse to miss school too!!

mbw

Quote from: sMILEy on October 24, 2013, 01:22:59 PM
This is one of those shows where i could of gone, and should of gone, but for some reason, didnt.
And now, just like i could of predicted, im sad, pissed and annoyed with myself for not going.

Way to fail man, way to fail.    :shakehead:

gah

Quote from: mbw on October 24, 2013, 01:55:39 PM

wow.  :shakehead:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

nab

What I wouldn't give to live closer than 300 miles from a place they only play every other year. 

And missed the last two visits due to life.   :frustrated:

emay

Quote from: gah on October 24, 2013, 02:04:47 PM
Quote from: mbw on October 24, 2013, 01:55:39 PM

wow.  :shakehead:

sophist

You guys are acting like he missed the Island Tour Roses  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Life > 3.0. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

emay

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I was more just sayin wow at the melty post.

knows im gonna be sad if I miss this show > misses show > sad about it...

mbw

Quote from: sophist on October 24, 2013, 02:10:33 PM
You guys are acting like he missed the Island Tour Roses  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Life > 3.0.

What's happened to you Scott?

Eta:  don't try and downplay this epic, epic fuckup by smiley.