News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Bonnaroo Superjam this year is.... f**in' weird:

Started by mattstick, May 07, 2014, 02:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on May 28, 2014, 03:00:15 PM
for people who like music that pushes boundaries and gets weird, I find it incredibly lame that you all hate on Skrillex. 

You like the Grateful Dead, but you hate Skrillex?  Skrillex is taking Space and putting into a dance music format.  Shit is catchy and creative as hell.

Actually, maybe I shouldn't be surprised.  When I saw Skrillex, the most musically-close resemblance it made to me was to the metal days of my youth....  the hard, aggressive slamming energy.  It isn't peace-y love music.  Its fucking wild, aggressive, extreme music. 

I'm a huge electronic music fan and Skrillex FUCKING BLOWS DONKEY COCKS MY FRIEND. Sorry, but he's the "pop" music of techno. And by pop, I mean asinine vapid garbage produced for the ignorant masses. That said, I do agree that great techno grooves that morph and employ elements of improv give me similar feelings to listening to jam bands or jazz, they transport me, they hypnotize me, and they make me dance. In fact, I'll be seeing Ritchie Hawtin tomorrow night, here in Montreal, when he puts on his muti-tech event ENTER.   
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

birdman

Quote from: Monstruo de Super on May 28, 2014, 08:40:35 PM
for people who like music that pushes boundaries and gets weird, I find it incredibly lame that you all hate on Skrillex. 

You like the Grateful Dead, but you hate Skrillex?  Skrillex is taking Space and putting into a dance music format.  Shit is catchy and creative as hell.

Actually, maybe I shouldn't be surprised.  When I saw Skrillex, the most musically-close resemblance it made to me was to the metal days of my youth....  the hard, aggressive slamming energy.  It isn't peace-y love music.  Its fucking wild, aggressive, extreme music. 

I'm a huge electronic music fan and Skrillex FUCKING BLOWS DONKEY COCKS MY FRIEND. Sorry, but he's the "pop" music of techno. And by pop, I mean asinine vapid garbage produced for the ignorant masses. That said, I do agree that great techno grooves that morph and employ elements of improv give me similar feelings to listening to jam bands or jazz, they transport me, they hypnotize me, and they make me dance. In fact, I'll be seeing Ritchie Hawtin tomorrow night, here in Montreal, when he puts on his muti-tech event ENTER.   
Skittle boppers.
Paug FTMFW!

PIE-GUY

But for people who like the anti-musical noise of '92-'95 Tweezer/Bowie/Mike's Song cacophony, I'd expect a lot of you to at least recognize and respect the risk Skrillex is taking in making music like that.

For you all to say he's just making noise is to equate yourself to the people who say Phish just noodles.  You guys are better than that.  Don't be hypocrites, mannn

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Superfreakie

Quote from: birdman on May 28, 2014, 09:46:03 PM

Skittle boppers.

The fine young creature accompanying me tomorrow night is definitely a skittle bopper.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Monstruo de Super on May 28, 2014, 11:28:55 PM
Quote from: birdman on May 28, 2014, 09:46:03 PM

Skittle boppers.

The fine young creature accompanying me tomorrow night is definitely a skittle bopper.

:sbw:

twatts

So I guess we've decided that Bonnaroo SuperJam is going to be totally wack???  Maybe we should hear it first before we decide huh???

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

Superfreakie

Quote from: twatts on May 28, 2014, 11:52:36 PM
So I guess we've decided that Bonnaroo SuperJam is going to be totally wack???  Maybe we should hear it first before we decide huh???

Terry

That is not what we do here.

The Canadian Mexican.

justjezmund

Quote from: Monstruo de Super on May 29, 2014, 01:03:59 AM

Terry

That is not what we do here.

The Canadian Mexican.

I've been to the future, it sucks. 

the end.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

rowjimmy

Terry

I think we're pretty safe in saying that the lineup looks like shit.

twatts

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 29, 2014, 08:47:25 AM

Terry

I think we're pretty safe in saying that the lineup looks like shit.

Funny...  The guy that lives behind me is going with his brother and his brother's teenage kids this year...  He's like 50 some years old...  When he told me, my first thought was "why the hell would you do that to yourself???" 

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

mattstick

I could have a ton of fun at this years Bonaroo. I wouldn't go to the Skrillex Superjam though

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on May 29, 2014, 09:36:30 AM
I could have a ton of fun at this years Bonaroo. I wouldn't go to the Skrillex Superjam though

Yeah, I was strictly speaking of that "jam".

PIE-GUY

This looks really interesting to me. Gotta listen!

http://funkit.virose.net/?p=4263

Bonnaroo Superjam
June 14, 2014 – 12am
Manchester TN, @ That Tent – Bonnaroo Music Festival
SBD > webcast > Cool Edit Pro > WAV > CD Wave Editor > dbpoweramp > MP3
FULL MP3 DOWNLOAD: HERE
01. Intro by Hannibal Buress
02. Eleanor Rigby [The Beatles cover]
03. Keep On Growing [Derek & The Dominos cover]
04. Who Knows What Tomorrow May Bring [Traffic cover]
05. Darlin' Be Home Soon [The Lovin' Spoonful cover]
06. Kissing My Love [Bill Withers cover]
07. Respect Yourself [The Staples Sisters cover]
08. Everybody's Gotta Change Sometimes [Taj Mahal]
09. I Can't Turn You Loose [Otis Redding cover]
10. Statesboro Blues [The Allman Brothers Band cover]
11. These Arms Of Mine [Otis Redding cover]
12. Space Captain [Matthew Moore / Joe Cocker cover]
13. You've Got A Friend [Carol King / Donny Hathaway cover]
14. Signed, Sealed, Delivered [Stevie Wonder cover]
15. What Is And What Should Never Be [Led Zeppelin cover]
16. Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do) [Stevie Wonder / Aretha Franklin cover]
17. Tell Me Something Good [Rufus & Chaka Khan]
18. Shining Star [Earth Wind & Fire cover]
Encore:
19. Sing A Simple Song > I Want To Take You Higher [Sly & The Family Stone cover]
- See more at: http://funkit.virose.net/?p=4263#sthash.rAkx9Kib.dpuf

blatboom

Warpaint's set was so f'ing sick. really hope I can find a bootleg version

mopper_smurf

Quote from: PG on June 16, 2014, 03:30:09 AM
This looks really interesting to me. Gotta listen!

http://funkit.virose.net/?p=4263

Bonnaroo Superjam
June 14, 2014 – 12am
Manchester TN, @ That Tent – Bonnaroo Music Festival
SBD > webcast > Cool Edit Pro > WAV > CD Wave Editor > dbpoweramp > MP3
FULL MP3 DOWNLOAD: HERE
01. Intro by Hannibal Buress
02. Eleanor Rigby [The Beatles cover]
03. Keep On Growing [Derek & The Dominos cover]
04. Who Knows What Tomorrow May Bring [Traffic cover]
05. Darlin' Be Home Soon [The Lovin' Spoonful cover]
06. Kissing My Love [Bill Withers cover]
07. Respect Yourself [The Staples Sisters cover]
08. Everybody's Gotta Change Sometimes [Taj Mahal]
09. I Can't Turn You Loose [Otis Redding cover]
10. Statesboro Blues [The Allman Brothers Band cover]
11. These Arms Of Mine [Otis Redding cover]
12. Space Captain [Matthew Moore / Joe Cocker cover]
13. You've Got A Friend [Carol King / Donny Hathaway cover]
14. Signed, Sealed, Delivered [Stevie Wonder cover]
15. What Is And What Should Never Be [Led Zeppelin cover]
16. Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do) [Stevie Wonder / Aretha Franklin cover]
17. Tell Me Something Good [Rufus & Chaka Khan]
18. Shining Star [Earth Wind & Fire cover]
Encore:
19. Sing A Simple Song > I Want To Take You Higher [Sly & The Family Stone cover]
- See more at: http://funkit.virose.net/?p=4263#sthash.rAkx9Kib.dpuf

Hope he shares the lossless too ...
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy