News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/07 - Blossom Music Center - Cuyahoga Falls, OH - Post-Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, August 07, 2015, 11:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 08, 2015, 03:12:33 PM
To me it sounds like Trey is playing For The Love of Money by The O'Jays during the Ice jam.

Standin' on the corner straight slangin' rocks
aaawwwww shit here comes a mother fuckin cop

rowjimmy

To me it sounds like Trey is playing For The Love of Money by The O'Jays during the Ice jam.

Pretty sure phish.net has that one on record. @bizarchive tweeted it earlier.

blatboom

Quote from: kellerb on August 08, 2015, 05:25:59 PM

Standin' on the corner straight slangin' rocks
aaawwwww shit here comes a mother fuckin cop

:-D

gainesvillegreen

I haven't heard much of this tour, a new girlfriend has been taking up most my time, but this is a great first set capped by a wonderful Gin. Listened to it 3 times.

On to set II.

Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

emay

Damn! This Its Ice breakdown is awesome.
best Its Ice of 3.0? I remember that MPP 13 one was pretty decent this is one is totally diff beast.

emay

This gin aint bad either! Havent even made it to the juicy part of the  show yet and im loving the playing in this show.

susep

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 11, 2015, 11:24:40 AM
best Its Ice of 3.0? I remember that MPP 13 one was pretty decent this is one is totally diff beast though.

was really hoping they were going to extend it while watching the stream.  nice groove into ripcord :frustrated:

emay

cactusfan

best Its Ice of 3.0? I remember that MPP 13 one was pretty decent this is one is totally diff beast.

the breakdown is cool. Trey forgets how to play a lot of the actual song, though.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: cactusfan on August 11, 2015, 12:15:39 PM

the breakdown is cool. Trey forgets how to play a lot of the actual song, though.

This is very true. Rift songs are like falling down elevator shafts.

emay

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on August 11, 2015, 12:26:02 PM

Yeah true, the Rift from Bend wasnt bad though.
CDT jam is nice, the slide into tweez was a little choppy but they got there. Composed tweezer part is pretty rough they cant seem to sync up, Tweezer jam is pretty awesome though. THey really lock into that. They seem to be nailing these jams but flubbing the songs haha.

emay

Lizards sounding pretty tight for only time played this tour....and as I type this Trey flubs a little bit of the composed part but recovers nicely.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 11, 2015, 12:29:13 PM
Quote from: gainesvillegreen on August 11, 2015, 12:26:02 PM

Yeah true, the Rift from Bend wasnt bad though.
CDT jam is nice, the slide into tweez was a little choppy but they got there. Composed tweezer part is pretty rough they cant seem to sync up, Tweezer jam is pretty awesome though. THey really lock into that. They seem to be nailing these jams but flubbing the songs haha.
I liked the CDT > tweez
it sounded like he inverted the riff (I assume intentionally), everyone followed along, and then eventually reverted it to the song.

in general, they have been bringing it this tour.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

gainesvillegreen