News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

This is a tour for the ages!

Started by Hicks, August 10, 2015, 12:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danje

Has this tour produced a jam of the year yet? Seems like nothing has really hit that next level full release. Maybe Atlanta KDF?

Hicks

Quote from: danje on August 17, 2015, 08:23:27 PM
Has this tour produced a jam of the year yet? Seems like nothing has really hit that next level full release. Maybe Atlanta KDF?

Shoreline Twist is my favorite of what I've heard so far, the MPP Piper was pretty sweet too and KDF definitely was top notch.   
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

other recommendations?  I listened to the Atlanta KDF and Tweezer and I gotta admit they didn't do a whole lot for me.
They were.....long, but not all that original to these ears.  I haven't checked out too much in depth besides those.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on August 13, 2015, 12:42:57 AM
Fuck the phish is fucking back thread with its fluffing of years worth of mediocre shows. 

This tour deserves it's own thread that acknowledges the epicness unfolding before our ears.

100% deserves it's own thread p
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: mbw on August 17, 2015, 09:28:46 PM
other recommendations?  I listened to the Atlanta KDF and Tweezer and I gotta admit they didn't do a whole lot for me.
They were.....long, but not all that original to these ears.  I haven't checked out too much in depth besides those.

Shoreline - Blaze On > Twist > Light (stay for the Joy if you can take the I Know You Riderr that is so obviously right there)
Austin - 46 Days -> The Dogs -> 46 Days
Blossom - set II
AV2 - Mike's > Blaze On > Paug
Mann2
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Hicks

The Nashville paug gets pretty weird/awesome.   

Good Mike's too.     

But if the Shoreline Blaze On > Twist > Light doesn't do it for you, you may have burnt out the Phish pleasure centers in your brain.   
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Hicks on August 17, 2015, 10:54:26 PM

Good Mike's too.     

But if the Shoreline Blaze On > Twist > Light doesn't do it for you, you may have burnt out the Phish pleasure centers in your brain.

Take out Shade and Nashville might be my favorite second set. Golden Age > Light nothing to sneeze at neither.

Hicks

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 17, 2015, 11:07:21 PM

Good Mike's too.     

Take out Shade and Nashville might be my favorite second set. Golden Age > Light nothing to sneeze at neither.

Yeah Nashville and ATL1 are currently duking it out in my brain for the top of the tour slot. 

jedifunk

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 17, 2015, 10:46:31 PM

Shoreline - Blaze On > Twist > Light (stay for the Joy if you can take the I Know You Riderr that is so obviously right there)
Blossom - set II
Mann2
i would never want to hear the dead at a phish show ... just sayin (i may be a hater, but imma really really good one  :angel: )
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Hicks on August 17, 2015, 11:39:52 PM

Good Mike's too.     

Yeah Nashville and ATL1 are currently duking it out in my brain for the top of the tour slot.

Not for nothing, but at the end of this post dude puts Mann2 toe-to-toe with FYF for best show of 3.0.

http://blog.phish.net/1439697345/regular-season-finale-on-to-the-playoffs

I didn't wanna seem too biased. Although there was this:

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 13, 2015, 01:37:36 AM
Best of 3.0

Quote from: jedifunk on August 17, 2015, 11:44:05 PM

Blossom - set II
Mann2
i would never want to hear the dead at a phish show ... just sayin (i may be a hater, but imma really really good one  :angel: )

No love for VA Beach?

jedifunk

Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 18, 2015, 12:48:24 AM
Quote from: Hicks on August 17, 2015, 11:39:52 PM

Good Mike's too.     

Not for nothing, but at the end of this post dude puts Mann2 toe-to-toe with FYF for best show of 3.0.

http://blog.phish.net/1439697345/regular-season-finale-on-to-the-playoffs

I didn't wanna seem too biased. Although there was this:

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 13, 2015, 01:37:36 AM
Best of 3.0

Quote from: jedifunk on August 17, 2015, 11:44:05 PM

Blossom - set II
Mann2

No love for VA Beach?
worst moment of my personal phistory!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

all kidding aside, i was annoyed at that show because everyone was freaking out over it ... when no one seemed to care about the killer ac/dc in that 2nd set. i literally sat on the steps waiting for the show to be over.

that said, i actually do like china cat > rider ... its one of the few dead staples i enjoy
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

just cruised through the shoreline blaze > twist > light and it was as advertised ... very very good.

i still contend that they could work harder at making the segues smoother ... peetering out a jam and starting a new song isn't a segue, although i suppose thats what its labeled > and not ->
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

runawayjimbo

Yeah, I took the 46 Dogs out for a spin last night after posting it. Ton of energy, but it was a lot sloppier than I remembered it the first time I heard it.

Quote from: jedifunk on August 18, 2015, 12:11:03 PM
all kidding aside, i was annoyed at that show because everyone was freaking out over it ... when no one seemed to care about the killer ac/dc in that 2nd set. i literally sat on the steps waiting for the show to be over.

You're an enigma wrapped in a riddle, jedi.