News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/06 - Dick’s Sporting Goods Park - Commerce City, CO - Post-Show Discussion

Started by khalpin, September 07, 2015, 02:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 07, 2015, 02:10:20 PM
So they didn't play Once in a Lifetime very well did they? Fahk it, still awesome.

Yeah should've soundchecked it, doesn't matter.   

Seeing Keyboard Kavalry took me back to my first show where they also played it.

Did you go last night Scotty? 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

phil

Once In A Lifetime was indeed rough, but I think they could easily tighten it up with a little work. Probably a long shot but I'd love to see them play it more.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

VDB

Great, terrific, ascending melodic jam out of Disease. Piper hit on a similar theme. I wouldn't quite call The Horse forced but it occurred to me that maybe sometimes it was better when Silent went Horseless, which can be quite jarring at times.

My immediate thought upon the Tweeprise encore was they must've hit curfew. Oh, Harpua. Curfew = NOPE. After Midnight? I yanked my wife up off the couch and we got the fuck down in our living room. For all the talk about the Phish 1% et al in the wake of the Mexico announcement, and what I took to be the intentionally excessively sentimental speech, I thought the capper was perfect. I love the commitment to inside humor this band demonstrates. And the commitment to sharting on your expectations.
Is this still Wombat?

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

phil

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on September 07, 2015, 02:47:26 PM
My immediate thought upon the Tweeprise encore was they must've hit curfew. Oh, Harpua. Curfew = NOPE

Same. For a second there it seemed like it would be a 3-set show.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Hicks on September 07, 2015, 02:30:31 PM
So they didn't play Once in a Lifetime very well did they? Fahk it, still awesome.

Seeing Keyboard Kavalry took me back to my first show where they also played it.

I did indeed.

Kinda had a weird night personally and was underwhelmed with most of the show other than the encore. They just didn't seem on to me, compared to Magnaball at least. That keyboard kavarly was worth the price of admission alone though so I was a happy camper by the end of the show. Never thought I'd catch one of those. And Landlady?! Wtf?!

I was stuck in the stands for the first set and just felt completely disconnected from the music. Sound was atrocious IMO. Also, strangely low energy in the crowd. Everyone just seemed stoned as shit. Or maybe it was just me?
Bring in the dude!

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

Caravan2001

Glad I decided to stick around for the Sunday show.  Damn was that awesome.  Just got home and am paying the price, but it was worth it!  Amazing run!

mbw

enjoyed that encore a lot.  too bad they couldn't pull off once in a lifetime better, but everything else was great.

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 07, 2015, 03:05:10 PM
Quote from: Hicks on September 07, 2015, 02:30:31 PM

I did indeed.

Kinda had a weird night personally and was underwhelmed with most of the show other than the encore. They just didn't seem on to me, compared to Magnaball at least. That keyboard kavarly was worth the price of admission alone though so I was a happy camper by the end of the show. Never thought I'd catch one of those. And Landlady?! Wtf?!

I was stuck in the stands for the first set and just felt completely disconnected from the music. Sound was atrocious IMO. Also, strangely low energy in the crowd. Everyone just seemed stoned as shit. Or maybe it was just me?

Personally I thought the whole show was great.  Not on the level as magna/mann etc but whatever. 

For me it had the x factor and the second set was pretty loose with a fantastic Carini.  Definitely my favorite show of the three even without considering the encore.   
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

blatboom

can totally picture what he's saying about the vibe in the stands. never been to Dick's so I have no frame of reference but I don't get why this venue gets so much love from the band. surely there's something more fan friendly in the Denver area besides RR?

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

Caravan2001

I called Bike on Thursday night and I called Landlady on the plane on Friday.  Boom.  :rawk: