News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NFL 2016-2017

Started by PIE-GUY, March 12, 2016, 09:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Time for a new thread. Might as well start it off with this bit of hilarity... Thank, Anthrax!

Quote from: anthrax on March 12, 2016, 08:35:36 AM
"BREAKING NEWS: The Denver Broncos sign veteran quarterback, Uncle Rico, from Idaho. VP of Football operations and General Manager, John Elway said, 'The guy can throw a football over them Rocky Mountains.'"

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

runawayjimbo

What. The. Fuck.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15280364/cleveland-browns-trade-no-2-pick-draft-philadelphia-eagles-five-picks

Browns trading No. 2 pick to Eagles for five picks

PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia Eagles have completed their journey to the No. 2 pick in the 2016 NFL draft.

The Eagles acquired the Cleveland Browns' pick Thursday with a blockbuster trade. To make this deal, the Eagles used draft picks acquired in two previous trades. Executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman said the team had been trying to move up ever since January.

Roseman acknowledged Wednesday that the Eagles intended to take a quarterback with the No. 2 pick. The Los Angeles Rams already acquired the top overall pick from Tennessee for a slew of picks and have indicated they will take a quarterback. The Eagles will likely take either Cal's Jared Goff or North Dakota State's Carson Wentz, whichever is not taken by the Rams.

It is the fourth time the top two selections in the draft have been dealt.

"You have to be very comfortable with both of those quarterbacks and believe they have a shot to be great, Pro Bowl-caliber," Roseman said. "It's hard to be great if you don't take some risks."

Eagles coach Doug Pederson said of Wentz and Goff: "These guys are pretty even. From all the physical tools, both of them are extremely gifted. Good arm strength, good mobility. Obviously, Carson is a little bigger, maybe a little better athlete right now. There's not much separating those two."

The Eagles sent five draft picks to the Browns: the No. 8 pick in the first round, a third-round pick (77th overall) and a fourth-round pick (100th overall) in this year's draft, a first-round pick in 2017 and a second-round pick in 2018. Cleveland also sends a fourth-round pick in 2017 to the Eagles.

Roseman acquired the No. 8 pick from Miami in exchange for cornerback Byron Maxwell and linebacker Kiko Alonso. He obtained the 100th pick, the second selection in the fourth round, from Tennessee in exchange for running back DeMarco Murray.

While the Eagles clearly are seeking a franchise quarterback with this move, Roseman said that Sam Bradford will be the Eagles' starting quarterback in 2016. The Eagles signed Bradford to a two-year, $35 million contract in March.

"Let me be clear," Roseman said. "Sam Bradford is our starting quarterback. We told Sam that. We intend to support him, and the moves we made this offseason, we believe, will give us a chance to compete this season."

The Eagles also signed free agent Chase Daniel, who had been the backup for the Kansas City Chiefs. Daniel is familiar with new Eagles coach Pederson and his offense from Kansas City, where Pederson was the offensive coordinator.

The Browns were in position to finally land a quarterback after more than a decade of futility and turnover at the position. Cleveland has had 24 starting quarterbacks since 1999, but the club's new front office wasn't enthralled with Goff or Wentz and decided to get more picks to help first-year coach Hue Jackson build a winner.

The Browns recently signed Robert Griffin III, making it easier to trade the second pick. Griffin signed a two-year, $15 million contract and was viewed as a "bridge" QB until the team develops a young player.

The Browns' new front office led by Sashi Brown has placed heavy emphasis on analytics in preparing for this year's draft and putting together Cleveland's roster. With so many needs, the Browns chose to accumulate as many picks as possible to fill holes on both sides of the ball.

The Eagles host the Browns in the season opener on Sept. 11.

The Eagles had also talked to the Chargers about swapping their No. 8 pick for San Diego's No. 3, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter. The Eagles thought they could get a quarterback there and pay a lower price, but Philadelphia's concern always was that another team looking for a quarterback would leapfrog it to No. 2, sources said.

Previous years in which the top two picks were traded, according to Stats:

-1967, when New Orleans sent the top spot to the Baltimore Colts, who took Bubba Smith, and the Giants sent the second pick to Minnesota, which grabbed Clint Jones.

-1975, when Atlanta got the No. 1 selection from the Colts and took Steve Bartkowski, while Dallas acquired No. 2 from the Giants to take Randy White.

1997, when the Rams got the top spot from the Jets to draft Orlando Pace, and the Saints sent the No. 2 selection to the Raiders, who picked Darrell Russell.
-
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

PIE-GUY

khalpin

I made my annual call to DirecTV to "discuss" the cost of the Sunday Ticket, which is $360 this year.  They ended up giving me $654 in credits over the next 12 months.  Sold!!!

runawayjimbo

Anyone know of a good hotel in Houston? Because it looks like I'll be heading there in February!!

Suck it, Pittsburgh!!
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

PIE-GUY

Holy shit I'm dying over here....

Phish' said jams are a lot like the Saints offense: exciting, masterfully executed and often awe-inspiring. It's what people buy tickets to see. Phish's lyrical segments, on the other hand, are a lot like the Saints defense: inane, poorly executed and often downright cringeworthy. You have to get through the singing to get to the jams that you actually came for, and which you hope will ultimately make it all worthwhile. The Saints offense has not lived up to this goal in 2016, and some would say Phish hasn't lived up to it this year either.

http://www.offbeat.com/news/new-orleans-saints-song-week-phish-theme-bottom/

pcr3

Quote from: PGLHAH on October 01, 2016, 03:06:38 AM
Holy shit I'm dying over here....

Phish' said jams are a lot like the Saints offense: exciting, masterfully executed and often awe-inspiring. It's what people buy tickets to see. Phish's lyrical segments, on the other hand, are a lot like the Saints defense: inane, poorly executed and often downright cringeworthy. You have to get through the singing to get to the jams that you actually came for, and which you hope will ultimately make it all worthwhile. The Saints offense has not lived up to this goal in 2016, and some would say Phish hasn't lived up to it this year either.

http://www.offbeat.com/news/new-orleans-saints-song-week-phish-theme-bottom/

:-D

Sadly, for you at least, it looks like the Saints are more Coventry than Clifford Ball.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Lifeboy

so I just got beat by .1 point in one of my leagues....
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Lifeboy

What a game. I'm in tears.

So fucking devastating, especially after the season we had...

At least I know we have a bright future ahead of us with these young guys and will be right back in the playoffs next year.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

barnesy305

Quote from: Lifeboy on January 15, 2017, 08:46:04 PM
What a game. I'm in tears.

So fucking devastating, especially after the season we had...

At least I know we have a bright future ahead of us with these young guys and will be right back in the playoffs next year.

Unless Elliott goes to jail for beating his girl.

anthrax

i was rooting for your boys, but...young team that's been on vacation for 2 weeks meet a hot team from up north.

PIE-GUY

Sorry, lifeboy, but I love to watch the Cowboys lose, especially in Jerry-world.

antelope19

Quote from: PGLHAH on January 15, 2017, 09:47:40 PM
Sorry, lifeboy, but I love to watch the Cowboys lose, especially in Jerry-world.

This.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Guyute

Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.